Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

flag Beach, Furteventura, kite centre on the beach.

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

flag Beach, Furteventura, kite centre on the beach.

Postby Foil » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi Guys
This post could have had a different message if it was not for the actions of Ben, the owner of the kite centre, on Flag Beach.
I have been a regular visitor to flag beach over the last 6 months and aim to return there for about 3 months out of the year,I find the kite centre staff and rescue rescue spot on,never had to use rescue before, but with the unusual and strong offshore winds we had a few weeks ago they were kept very busy at times, but always smiling and very helpfull, I now know how to climb into a recue boat, with practice it was easy.
But.
My Holiday started of on a very different note, I kept my gear at the Flag beach centre on a long term storage deal, however some toe rag decided to take my new 15mtr Fone breeze,without its bag as I kept that at home using instead an old Fone bandit 8mtr bag as a cover for it if left on the beach at any time,
however the kite was taken along with this spare bag, both were seperate in my cargo bag, they left my Moses T60 carbon foil board and other kites and harness and sailing gear.
I did not tell anyone at the centre as Ben was away on holiday and I did not want to cause any problems for anyone there by getting the police involved without Ben being aware of the facts.
On the last day of my holiday Ben returned off his holidays and was in attendance at the kite centre, I did not know what to expect as I aproached him to break the bad news,however he reacted in a very professional manner, he repeated what I had told him to be sure he had the facts straight and then stopped for a think,asked me when I was leaving (which was next day) and asked me to come back to see him before the end of the day, he said dont worry as he will ensure i would not be out of pocket.
True to his word Ben offered me a quick soultion by offering me a brand new North 18mtr Juice, unwrapped still in its poly bag outer, he did offer to buy me another breeze but this would take a little time and comunication back and forth, I had a quick think and decided to take the North as I knew a man in the Uk who could work a deal to change this into a new 15 mtr Breeze, and this would be a fair way for me to close the situation as Ben had been so good about the matter.

So a big Thanks to Ben and the guys at the kite beach centre for sorting the problem and the guys in the rescue boats who handeld my gear with great care when conducting my rescues, even replacing the air valves once the kite was deflated to prevent water getting into the bladders.

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Re: flag Beach, Furteventura, kite centre on the beach.

Postby gmb13 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:21 am

Hi Foil,

Glad that is was resolved so well. I will still be keeping an eye out for the kite anyways. Looking forward to seeing you at flag again soon.

--
Gunnar

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: flag Beach, Furteventura, kite centre on the beach.

Postby Foil » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:22 pm

the serial number for the 15 mtr breeze (colour way-orange yellow and green) is F140580
I did not know I had the number but of course it was on the plastic card kept in the little pouch on the kite bag, and the thief has not got the bag, I left that at home.
maybe if I put the bag on Ebay the guy who buys it is the culprit :wink:

Return to “Hydrofoil”