Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Convertible surf board

Postby Peter_Frank » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:03 am

Sandras wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:38 am
Peter_Frank wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm
Maybe you can get a plate to KFBox adapter ?

I have used this excellent adapter from Zeeko, on the spitfire, to fit on all my KFBox boards :thumb:

8) PF
!!!
Looking forward to read your impression from the spitfire

Sorry, can not help you there, it was over a year ago I rode it for a couple of months, found it a bit too small/fast for my liking, and havent tried the XLW wings which are the ones used by most now I think...

But the Zeeko KFBox adapter is the coolest thing, fits every KFBox both 1 or 2 (or 3) screws :D

8) Peter

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Boards: Alkita boards
Zeeko Slash/AirWave/Scrambler
Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Postby bragnouff » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:43 pm

I have a Slash 5'4. I actually like the board better as a kite surfboard than as a foilboard. Feels really nice on a wave. My son can even surf on it. So the foil resides on another board.
I also have a Double Agent 145 deck that is pretty good as a foiling platform, although it could be a bit stiffer. Not so great in the waves without the foil, as it feels a bit more skimboardy than surfy. Totally bombproof and still pretty fun for bump and jump, or for towing behind a boat.
There's also the Zeeko PocketAir, which would be a great compromise. Also bombproof, stiff, and looks like it would be decent in small waves.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:17 pm

Thanks. The stubbo is similar to how your describe the Double Agent. Its fun but only if you don't compare it too closely with a real surf board. I remember the shinnster felt a little better to ride as a pure freeride board.

That's the second recommendation for the Zeeko PocketAir I have heard now so I'll probably see if I can find out a little more about it. I hear the new 2018 board is a good step forwards.

DariKite
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Gear: Kite: 12mt Liquid Force WOW ; 9mt Cabrinha SwitchBlade
Board: Cabrinha Ace ; Wainmann Hawaii Passport 5'7" ; F-One Mitu Pro Convertible 2016 (Hydrofoil/Surf)

Postby DariKite » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:36 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:03 am
Sandras wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:38 am
Peter_Frank wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm
Maybe you can get a plate to KFBox adapter ?

I have used this excellent adapter from Zeeko, on the spitfire, to fit on all my KFBox boards :thumb:

8) PF
!!!
Looking forward to read your impression from the spitfire

Sorry, can not help you there, it was over a year ago I rode it for a couple of months, found it a bit too small/fast for my liking, and havent tried the XLW wings which are the ones used by most now I think...

But the Zeeko KFBox adapter is the coolest thing, fits every KFBox both 1 or 2 (or 3) screws :D

8) Peter
Peter, could you please share a picture of the Zeeko KF adapter? I bought an F One Mitu convertible board and it has a KF box. I want to buy a hydrofoil that has 4 bolts plate but I'm not sure if the adapter you mentioned would make it work on the board.

Is the Zeeko KF adapter the one below? Can you attach it to any 4 bolt plate hydrofoil or only to the Zeeko hydrofoils?

http://zeeko-kites.com/gb/kitefoil-seri ... -foil.html
Attachments
kf-box-adaptater-foil.jpg
kf-box-adaptater-foil.jpg (52.42 KiB) Viewed 656 times
kf-box-adaptater-foil (1).jpg
kf-box-adaptater-foil (1).jpg (46.25 KiB) Viewed 656 times
kf-box-adaptater-foil (2).jpg
kf-box-adaptater-foil (2).jpg (10.7 KiB) Viewed 656 times

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:10 pm

You might want to consider this Steyen board:

https://steyen.com/products/compact-kite-foil-board

I have not used the version with the foil track inserts, but have used the SB version which is essentially the same board. I liked it a lot. It's only 4'8" but has a fair amount of volume so I found it planned up & performed very nicely. The advantage of this size board is it makes traveling easy as it will fit in a "golf bag". It also means it makes a relatively compact foil board. The construction is first rate with full carbon/kevlar wrap - would retail for a lot if it was made by a "big name" company.

Return to “Hydrofoil”