Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Recommendation for front wing Moses Silente

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
abel
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Favorite Beaches: Naxos, Kos, Rodos (prasonisi), Red sea, Cumbuco, Kalpitia (Sri Lanka)
Style: freeride, very light winds
Gear: Peak4, Airush Ultra, hydrofoil Moses 633

Recommendation for front wing Moses Silente

Postby abel » Mon May 28, 2018 11:00 am

An Hfoiler friend changed from 550 to about 1000 size front wing and told me that it is waaay more easy to ride in light winds (<10K)
He told me that it is slower but the control is better and now he can jibe and tack anyway with ease.
Also maintaining a controlled height is better.

My current front wing is the 560HP.

Questions:
What would be the recommended front wing for the Silente for easy freeride?
Where to buy?

Thanks

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Re: Recommendation for front wing Moses Silente

Postby cwood » Mon May 28, 2018 11:41 am

abel wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 11:00 am
An Hfoiler friend changed from 550 to about 1000 size front wing and told me that it is waaay more easy to ride in light winds (<10K)
He told me that it is slower but the control is better and now he can jibe and tack anyway with ease.
Also maintaining a controlled height is better.

My current front wing is the 560HP.

Questions:
What would be the recommended front wing for the Silente for easy freeride?
Where to buy?

Thanks
If you want the easiest free ride possible with lowest end flying...then 633. This is the SUP and Surf foil and requires its own fuselage and stabilizer. Also requires weight forward more than standard wings so a board adjustable mast track is really needed. The slowest standard style wing would be the 590.

All of that said, if you have a Silente then you are kind of out of luck as it was from before Moses switched to a standard mix and match wing and mast attachment. Silente is proprietary. There is an older Delta style Silente wing that would be slower likely but not sure if you can buy them any longer....perhaps used. If I were you I would sell your Silente and get a new style Moses setup with the Fluente mast (90cm) and the 633 wing set. You can almost bring it to a stop and still be on the wing.

Return to “Hydrofoil”