Style: twin tip, strapless surf board, foil
Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
Kentos foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Kurtis Goggles

Postby marekmk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:33 pm

Have been trying to order a few pair of these for months and no luck. does any one know if the company is still in business? thank you, M

flying grandpa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Siemiany,
Favorite Beaches: Stegna, Orle, Karwia
Style: hydrofoil long distance, slalom, waves
Gear: ZEEKO, Takuma, Sonic, Kestrel
Brand Affiliation: NONE

Re: Kurtis Goggles

Postby flying grandpa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:59 am

I hope they are, as the glasses they produce are true highest quality on the market.

Few smart solutions makes them work really well on the water with minimal fogging only in rainy days.

Tadeusz

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:17 am

Its a big mystery. My first pair need replacing and I have been unable to get a response to multiple outreach tries. I get automatic emails from them that sound like they are in business but no reply to anything I send. Only thing I have not tried yet is the phone number he gives.

They really are the best thing around.

Hey Chuck,

I just wanted to personally reach out to you and say THANK YOU for checking out Kurtis USA.

We created Kurtis Eyewear to protect surfers eyes from the harmful glare, wind, surface spray and UV rays that fry our eyes every session. This led us to create our "No Fried Eyes" movement and to educate as many surfers as possible about the hazards of the sun on the eyes. Most know about the damage UV Rays can do to the skin, but few know about the horror stories of surfer fried eyes.

Bottom line is we have created the most innovative eyewear to date in the action based water market. Kurtis Surf Goggles are safe, functional, stylish and handcrafted in the USA. They are proven by pros, endorsed by physicians and sold in 45 countries. That said, none of this means anything until I know you're protected and STOKED on your Kurtis Eyewear.

Did you see our last e-mail? We're happy to help you and are ready when you are at www.KurtisUSA.com

Keep in touch and holler if I can ever be of any help.

Kurtis Shipcott

Sent from my sandy iphone. "No Fried Eyes!"
www.KurtisUSA.com
www.KurtisUSA.com/testimonials/
(310)498-1994 direct

marekmk
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: africa, new zealand, madagascar, LA, brazil prea, ect
Kentos foil

Postby marekmk » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:26 am

Kurtis, you ask us to reach out and we do but get the above message on our emails. I love what you have created but so frustrated at not being able to get my hands on 2 pairs, marek

Texaskiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Texas City
Galveston
Favorite Beaches: North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii
Playa del Carmen
Style: Freeride, surf, hydrofoil, airstyle
Gear: Core, Ozone, Moses,

Postby Texaskiter » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Great goggles! Same issue. No response. Can’t wait any longer. Just bought a pair of LIP Typhoon RX to get the photo chromatic lenses. Can’t believe no other eyeglass company offers light weight water goggles with a neoprene/Velcro strap. Sounds like an opportunity for someone with time on their hands!

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:03 pm

Yep me too. They are not the only sun glass company that is geared to water sports that seems to have a problem actually returning emails or accepting orders. Seems like amateur hour in the sunglasses area anyhow. My guess they are waiting for enough orders to do a made in china run.

marekmk
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: africa, new zealand, madagascar, LA, brazil prea, ect
Kentos foil

Postby marekmk » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:11 pm

If only kurtis could let us know what is happening and then we can decide to wait or not to wait. I have tried calling many times over the past 6 months,, written emails and the same circle of replies. Is it time to give up on this company?
to create such a cool, practical unique product yet not able to let the fan base know what is happening is time consuming and exhausting.

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:18 pm

Texaskiter wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:15 pm
Great goggles! Same issue. No response. Can’t wait any longer. Just bought a pair of LIP Typhoon RX to get the photo chromatic lenses. Can’t believe no other eyeglass company offers light weight water goggles with a neoprene/Velcro strap. Sounds like an opportunity for someone with time on their hands!
How do you like them? I was thinking about getting myself a pair and if I like them, maybe getting them in to sell them. I like to personally make sure things are really good before I sell them to someone else. Not cheap, though.

Texaskiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Texas City
Galveston
Favorite Beaches: North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii
Playa del Carmen
Style: Freeride, surf, hydrofoil, airstyle
Gear: Core, Ozone, Moses,

Postby Texaskiter » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:12 am

They are awesome notwithstanding the fact that they are unresponsive. Light weight, very comfortable. Quality lenses. But I must say the Lip-Typhoon glasses are very well made. If I had one gripe it is that they are heavier than the Kurtis goggles. But other than that, Lip’s lenses are actually better quality. But also costly.

Jonpnw
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Pacific Northwest
Gear: Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: Quikfin

Kurtis Goggles

Postby Jonpnw » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:06 pm

When surfer dudes run a business.......hey look the swell is up ! :mosh: Super cool product though.

Return to “Hydrofoil”