Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ultimate freestyle/wave foil - Moses 633 vs. Lift 150 (long-term)

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Brizair10
Medium Poster
Gear: Onda 633, Old Tube kites, soul10
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ultimate freestyle/wave foil - Moses 633 vs. Lift 150 (long-term)

Postby Brizair10 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:23 am

Hi, it is possible to tune the Onda to fit T40.

Using the 3 ° Shim and the 2016 mast you can almost use the given strap position.
Almost, as riding the shimmed 633 strapless my front foot moves about 3 to 5 cm to the front.
This feels even more balanced at higher speed.
To reach perfect balance you can put a second 2 mm shim between the front of the mast plate and board.

Good luck finding your point of balance !!

mmac
Medium Poster
Local Beach: IOP
Style: surf
Gear: Duotone
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby mmac » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:43 am

[/quote]
You should have a go in the 170 a step up in performance from the 150, as IMO best wing out there for waves and free ride, tried many and had the moses too very nice build quality for the moses must say, but ended up selling in favor of 170 and 36"&32" mast depending on conditions, I also sold my 150 too in favor of the 170 the only issue with the mhl is for traveling with 1pc wing fuse combo but the performance of this just really kicks ass.just need to stuff it in good size duffle bag when traveling,Id definately try the 170 if you like the 150👍
[/quote]

Wow, can't imagine a wing better than the 150. My 150 stays lifted at walking speed and near total stall speed (and I weigh 205lbs). It rides great on small to medium size waves and swell. I imagine it's also faster and more maneuverable than the 170 wing. What benefits did you find with the 170 wing?

pitbulldoug
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fortaleza,Cumbuco,Uruau,CE Brasil Ventura Co.California
Style: Wave and foil
Gear: Naish Kites/Wings,ASD surfboards Fortaleza CE Brasil,Kalama supfoil, MHL kitefoil,GoFoil surffoils,Scrivy Surfboards CA.Axis foils,Camet winging boards,Starboard/Airush Wings
Has thanked: 0

Postby pitbulldoug » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:43 pm

mmac wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:43 am
You should have a go in the 170 a step up in performance from the 150, as IMO best wing out there for waves and free ride, tried many and had the moses too very nice build quality for the moses must say, but ended up selling in favor of 170 and 36"&32" mast depending on conditions, I also sold my 150 too in favor of the 170 the only issue with the mhl is for traveling with 1pc wing fuse combo but the performance of this just really kicks ass.just need to stuff it in good size duffle bag when traveling,Id definately try the 170 if you like the 150👍
[/quote]

Wow, can't imagine a wing better than the 150. My 150 stays lifted at walking speed and near total stall speed (and I weigh 205lbs). It rides great on small to medium size waves and swell. I imagine it's also faster and more maneuverable than the 170 wing. What benefits did you find with the 170 wing?
[/quote]
If your 205 it's right up your alley, I'm 225 dry its the closest foil wing that I feel I get the closest to real surfing moves, (wave riding my app)albeit not duplicated yet, calculated big wave style bottom turns fade off the the tops instant direction changes on pivot with no stall it just loves to be flying, great in lighter winds to 25-30 knts you can haul ass or hit the breaks and and crawl to almost no speed, I too thought the 150 was the cats meow until I tried the 170 have 2 of em now 150 don't get me wrong great wing but 170 IMO is a step up especially for HW riders.👍

pikovsg
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Boston, Cape Cod, Outer Banks
Favorite Beaches: Cape Cod, Tarifa, Maui, Cabarete, Guadeloupe, Pleasure Bay.
Any session with a BRM Cloud and a hydrofoil.
Style: Soul, Freestyle, Race
Gear: -
Duotone Dice SLS, BRM Clouds, Ozone R1V2
Lift 150, Moses 637
Triton Custom V3 Bat 37", Temavento Sync
Carved Imperator

Postby pikovsg » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:47 am

airsurfer wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:35 am
I only ride in the ocean and had the lift 150 for 6 months agree it was a good improvement over my previous lift foils but doesn't even come close to the 633 let alone the 683 in any aspect. 150 was noisy even when sanded and fillered lots of drag not well balanced IMO and poor quality construction. I have hundreds of hours on the 633 now and agree the 633 can be limiting for certain kiting conditions and tricks it was designed as a sup wing after all. The 683 is better than both it has as much lift can go as slow but with much less drag it can can handle bigger waves and downwind speed much better it has great accelaration and glide compared with 633 and higher upwind angles and top speed when you want it. The only advantages i found with 633 is pumping and ultra light wind and strapless waterstarts are easier so IMO try your 683 again you'll prob sell your 150
Per your advice, made it a point to switch wings today. Took off the 633 and put on the 683 and tried it at Nahant's Long Beach in Boston today. Wind was about 22 knots, 3-5 ft waves sideshore to onshore.

I gotta say, in all honesty, thanks for suggesting to try it out again. But. I was quite disappointed... For me, the 683 seemed to work like an all round wing that doesn't do anything well - waves, boosting, freestyle, carving, and overall balance all seemed quite below par on it. I kept on trying for an hour, tried a bunch of track positions, and after all that headed to shore and switched back to Lift 150.

Instant stoke followed! Was foiling and doing back loops in the waves on the Lift 150 for the next 6 hours. Ordered the 170 tonight, seems like the bigger wing will have a sweet spot for waves bigger than 5ft.

Return to “Hydrofoil”