Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

6m soul for foiling

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Re: 6m soul for foiling

Postby tomtom » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:14 am

I did not fly Soul 6 - just Soul 8 - and it is not high wind HF in my opinion - too little depower and most important no depower at all while sending /through window/. It is more TT kite. It is more similar to sonic than high depower wave LEI. For freeride HF i want this kind of depower. I have also kitetech FRS foil kite in 9 - which turns faster and have more depower than Soul. It is however little less powerfull than Soul 8. I would prefer LEI to either one in high wind but FRS is better in medium wind on HF than Soul /for me/. I never rode Hyperlink

Frank Rosin
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave & hydrofoil
Gear: Moses hydrofoils, Ozone kites, Dynabar sliding hook + a lot of other gear for fun and testing, e.g. Levitaz, Zeeko, AXIS, HB ....
Brand Affiliation: www.famousfrank.com
Has thanked: 0

Postby Frank Rosin » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:40 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:28 am
tomtom wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:50 am
Hi wrote it as unbiased as possible, with very clear "I know the Hyperlink a lot better as it is my everyday kite" disclaimer. What you wanna hear is Ode to Soul. Any opinion without some other kite reference is imo worthless.
No what I want to hear is the opinion of someone who has flown both who isn't a dealer of either brand. Otherwise, it will be biased. No dealer is going to recommend the other brand.

=Jason-

Sorry if I could not contribute anything that you want to hear.
But I do not think I recommended anything in my post, nor did I say anything bad about anything, if at all then rather the opposite I feel (depending on the needs of the user of course).
Just presented my personal experience, while mentioning a lot of extra information to rate if my report is of any use for the reader or not (what other kites I am riding mostly, what line length was used,...)
Never said that it would be the ultimate unbiased truth. :thumb:

Cheers,
Frank
www.famousfrank.com

geokite
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Silver Strand, Mission Bay
Favorite Beaches: Sherman, Belmont
Style: Surf, Foil
Gear: Avoid the Triton foil board, made by Newind!

B: [Firewire SP, Kanaha MM, Triton] F: [Lift, Triton, Axis] K: [Kitech, Gin]
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby geokite » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:45 pm

tomtom wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:09 pm
I honestly cannot understand how someone can actually prefer Foil kite to LEI kite in high wind. For light wind it is obvious and i myself use FOIL kite in light. This comment "it seems you pull the bar, wait a moment, then all of a sudden the kite tips over and turns like crazy"... Small tubes are like extend not to your hands but extend to your mind. There is ZERO delay in <7 tubes. All disadvantage of tubes stop to exist in high wind and contrary all foils advantages are no longer in high wind. Starting and landing small foil kite in high wind its always adventure. High wind are more turbulent by nature and FOIL and turbulence dont like each other. There are so many excellent wave kites that are proven to work in nuclear. They are cheap. Everybody knows how to start and land them. Almost nobody consistently use FOILS in nuclear - they are rare exception. They do not behave predictable in these wind. Pumping 5m lei is like instant. They stay on place while parked on beach. They are easy to check lines etc... So many things can go wrong in nuke wind so why complicate things. Only thing that come in my mind can be LEI are maybe too fast for some people.
What tomtom said. This post knocked me back to my senses when choosing a high wind kite for the HF, as I was considering a 6m FRS.

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:29 pm

There is some magic about freeride foil kites when riding - but they are better to be in air and faaaar on water :).

Return to “Hydrofoil”