Gear: Flysurfer Physco 4, Speed 4 Lotus, Sonic 1+2
Flysurfer Flysplit M, L
Nobile T5
Nobile Infinity Split with Zen Foil, NHP Carbon Split
Slightshot hoverglide
Brand Affiliation: None

Looking for a Lotus 10m to Sonic 9/11 comparison

Postby Adventure Logs » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:18 pm

Wondering if anyone on here has flown both the Lotus 10 and the Sonic 9 or 11. I'm thinking about selling my Lotus for a Sonic since I love my 18 so much. Just seeing what your opinion is. I think the Sonic 11 would be the ultimate 1 kite/travel quiver but am wondering if there would be too much over lap with the 18, and I like the high end limit of the 9m.

=J-

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Looking for a Lotus 10m to Sonic 9/11 comparison

Postby foilholio » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:51 am

Sonic 11 compares more to the lotus 12. I have ridden both. The sonic has a bit more lowend and is much more hands on. Sonic is quicker and goes upwind better. Lotus is much more easier to use and friendly. I think the lotus has more range too. You are basically swapping ease of use for performance. The other thing for travel is the lotus is lighter and because it doesnt have the plastic rods in the leading edge you can pack it much much smaller than the sonic. One of the things I love about foil kites is you can roll them to vacuum bag dimensions without the vacuum bag.

What is your riding style?

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Style: Always searching for flow!
Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.

Re: Looking for a Lotus 10m to Sonic 9/11 comparison

Postby plummet » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:33 am

I haven't flown the 11 sonic or the 10 speed 4.

But I have flown 12 and 18m speed 4, 12m chrono V1, 9m V2 chrono and 6m R1, oh yeah 15m speed3 which I used to own.

I recon the Chrono V2 is worth a look. It feels like its between Chrono V1 and Speed 4 for performance. Might be just the kite you a looking for.

PS If you enjoy the crazy performance of the higher aspect Sonic then the speed will feel a little dull. After all they are then next level. So stepping into a sonic or chrono makes complete sense.

Return to “Foil Kites”