Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Funalexed Pansh Aurora

Postby foilholio » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:45 am

default Re: Boost your pansh!
Message imotep33 Thurs., January 24, 2013 - 9:53 p.m.

funalex wrote:
thank you for your return ... I did not understand to line B, you can be more specific please? for I have many bell sounds and I not find the exact transformation rule for B and AB line. because it does not follow exactly the same rules as the rest he seems.

I think he made ​​a mistake like me. in fact I think it has extended the line B instead of replaced. suddenly you find you with a B + 30cm from the rest and not take off the wing and looks like nothing. has faudrai limit either specify or put a kind of arc on the flange plane to indicate that this is a replacement flange and not an extension cord. for AB, I've found ac too short, by what it really distorts the wing. mainteant it can be done for too. I expect patdef have modelliser clamping. it will give us the AB size to scale. (in modellisant, it should also be able to adjust your lengths to get an archage curve mm pres. or take with him if you care to ca has Table days thereafter.) In any case, once you have understood for B, and AB is offline, I confirm that AC really works better! I just have not been able to compare the power base with and without edit. but it is clear that in the light with mod you can more easily work your wing. Alex, do you recall what you had as the length between the front RAs when did you set sail?

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:52 am

Re: Boost your pansh!
Message patdef Wed, March 6th, 2013 - 0:24

Petit returns on mods of friend Funalex. 1 / I finally could test the 12 in conditions "representative" with good 10-15nds gusty. In land with MTB Well, the wing is transformed, nothing to do with the original config. -réactive, It runs well and we do what we want -stable, plus any front, even when posed jumps with the wing a little too zenith, see squarely behind. In short, thrilled! Thank Funalex 2 / First test of the 22 changed in a fly fart. 2 knots, max 3 large at times. (I barely felt the breeze on my face) Well, it flies, it holds it up as long as you do not leave the stop. Well, not easy to rotate itself in so little air, especially as I was on 20m lines which is clearly too short given the size of the craft. I was forced to nab directly pre-lines but good, again, there was really nothing. At the mods, I followed the excel sheet, except for the B and Z I kept the coasts of 12. I have not mounted the AB6 but put a same length as A6 A5. In the same spirit as what is done in rows B and C. The images:

https://vimeo.com/61116653

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:55 am

Message redge Sat. Feb. 1, 2014 - 6:46 p.m.

First impressions after a first test in static of my 12m (in ~ 3-5 knts).
The bridle was changed as shown in the excel table (only the flange B was replaced with an adjustable strap with knots scales (as advised by imotep33) every 2cm (and set at 29cm 27cm instead of under the excel table)).
The wing behaves much better that the original better even turns in very little wind. The wing seems fluid, there are no wrinkles in the profile. Only the ears can be a "too" strained (as provided by funalex) by AB flange but does not cause ear. Closures
Well done cheers and thank you to funalex icon_bier

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:57 am

Message imotep33 Sun., February 2, 2014 - 6:09 p.m.

AB flange does not seem to work well on my 15th so I fired. in the end it works very well or better without. So at worst with and without trying you already will see if it changes something. for setting the B and Z scales with knots that I made ​​you do it must dip into the subject pansh to the 30th page or funalex explains how to adjust the B and Z is a story of finding balance between stability and perf. Basically if I remember: you put them in position B and Z you rule for sailing takes in the air without being too unstable. after you fumbled in relanchant B until the front part of the leading edge have a tendency to fall / fold. it means that you're going too far, you take away the node below and you readjusted by releasing / pulling Z to adjust the stability of the wing. if it is unstable but it remains roughly shaped, it means that Z are too learned and B that are either properly adjusted or too short.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:57 am

Annouville Wed, May 14, 2014 - 3:55 p.m.

I finally understand why my 15m² funalexisé Vollé not do as well as another of 15m² Funalexisé Frogleg met at the small St Bernard. Here is the mixer test with which I was flying. ______________________C____________Z + 110mm _______ B + 130mm __________A description of the behavior go heavy bar that does not remain at the zenith but passes over my head, and turns difficult Tested recently aligned with A and Z:) there already is better I put beads on B and C to finish the setting that-olefin is currently + 20mm + 30mm in the ladle. Now she resource well in the end turn, does not pass me over my head. But she did tend to close around the ears B or C window edge too loose ? Admittedly, ladle it contains almost as much as a jug! All that to say that Aurora has 15 can surely have a correct behavior without changing the clamping but just by adjusting the MT. A test on a non edit Aurora

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:37 am

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:04 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... ihGO1Y3JMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 0iuq3N4jPY

Gonic the March 19 Aug 2014 - 8:51 p.m.

Aurora with clamping Funalex Sir.
I know I can make mistakes, yet I checked several times.
The flange ab air to pull hard on the edge, had he removed the original flange a6?
default Re: Aurora Pansh

Message imotep33 Wed 20 Aug 2014 - 10:08

do not put the bridle AB. nobody puts what she does not seem to fit as well as others. Once you have removed your flange AB, B tries to shorten little by little. and when it does do more closing ears, you take away another 1 to 1.5cm on B and you will begin to tighten the Z until you find the wing unstable navigation. a mate have just set the hers like that, now she has a slight tendency to overtake the zenith, but he pulls better and increased responsiveness.

Re: Aurora Pansh
Message funalex Wed 20 Aug 2014 - 10:26

Indeed, the flange AB, nobody uses ... so removes. but beyond that, your wing clearly the behavior of a wing too hollow ... so after not clear why it is hollow brakes too ... too learned? B overly relaxed? both ? Hard to say. If it's not that, it's that you have not taken the right steps.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:08 am

Re: Aurora Pansh
Message regis-de-giens on Mon 25 Aug 2014 - 15:30

Gonic wrote:
I can not steal my area Aurora 19.
(...) I then tried the mods of Funalex, she could not even manage to swell, I then tried those jmourso, idem, the ears were still closed.

Hi,
I have on my side a very positive experience of funlexisation on a 19m (pack of November 2013) I made ​​for a friend, that I have postponed 'earlier in my post of Sun July 13, 2014 - 1:52 p.m..
Your wing does not behave at all like mine on your videos, apart from a few "mini" closures ear that I have under 5 knots as quite progressive and manageable.
I share what has been analyzing ' and said above (B is an alternative, not an extension cord). I ve removes AB and replaced by an extension A6 9.9 cm. Checks also that all your tunes are ferme'es outputs (4 + 2 zip scratches). Differenciel level front / rear on the bar, I must be about 20 cm higher on the front. I checked 'your picture extensions, is aa roughly the same thing, but you +0.5 cm and more everywhere, bizarre but it should not be of significant impact as much left over. The biggest difference is Z: 20.6 you, while I have retained has 16cm (as in 12m) following a discussion with owners of 22m and 19m. So try to shorten Z (5 cm or lengthen 2.5 C and B of 1.75, comes to the same AC). To give you a point of repere: mix my test is aligned '(easy ...). Courage ...

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:13 am

Ok now to try .delete AB, Manually adjust B and Mixer.....

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:05 pm

foilholio:

"The Diagram on the website does illustrate the structure which is somewhat stupid, but not the lengths which are very short, too short infact."

Some of the primary lines look ok, some of them are much too long due to missing secondary level (or grouping). If c6 and c7 are normal lenght, then ok - I just don't understand why they are drawn so long in the picture.

"Split cells or Miniribs? The Aurora doesn't have them, Panshs new kite the A15 does. Which is alot better designed than the Aurora..."

The bridle I was referring to looked exactly the same as those you have posted. If primary bridle is on every third rib, there must be full cell D-ribs to support ribs between bridled ribs. So, cells next to air intake cells have them, if kite is at all seriously designed.

Probably splitcell means same as full cell D-rib, which is a term I have always used.

Shown changes to the bridle makes some sense. But to pull some of the B lines 1:2 is quite extreme. It must be remembered that C is pulled 1:2 too, which is then relatively much too little. For smaller kites and closer to wingtip half of the bar movement is surely too much for B, kite distorts so much that a fold can be seen on the upper side.

One solution could be (if lack of stability and wingtip tucking are the main problems) fixing A and B together, for some AoA that is stable enough but does not sacrifice too much depower. Then just one pulley for C to pull it 1:2. This is the simplest speedsystem and it could be interesting to add Diablo-line for it. D-line would improve turning, downwind and give some more bar pressure for final sheet in. Fixed AB results very light bar.

But if I knew Pansh wing has potential - and if I had that kite and not happy with it - I would design a new bridle for it. Probably with little more canopy curve. That would make kite turn better and perhaps make it a bit more stable by bulging lower skins (lowering camber and making cell thicker). I'd guess 20-30% of the total lenght of the bridle could be saved. New bridle would be more resistant to stretch/shrink and "cleaner" by its look. Bridle drag would be 20-30% less, but that is not very significant.

Then it would be more reasonable to start speedsystem experimenting.

Return to “Foil Kites”