Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Funalexed Pansh Aurora

For all foil kite riders
Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Funalexed Pansh Aurora

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:57 am

I did exactly as funalex on my 22m and I indeed remember I removed AB6. Just remember to obviously change the lenght to adapt your 15m (he did the modification on a 12m), i.e multiply the length by square(15/12)=1.12

Only the changes in the file are required.

tomato
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sweden
Style: faceplant!!!
Gear: old

Postby tomato » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Regis-de-giens wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:57 am
I did exactly as funalex on my 22m and I indeed remember I removed AB6. Just remember to obviously change the lenght to adapt your 15m (he did the modification on a 12m), i.e multiply the length by square(15/12)=1.12

Only the changes in the file are required.
thanks for answer. excel file calculates bridle according to size, there are formulas in there.

Did you changed B as well? I found foilholio saying in this thread "I tried adjusting B as it states in the excel sheet, lengthening it, but the kite became horribly unstable. I ended up leaving B pretty much as original and extending Z to line up with ABC."

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:33 pm

I do not recall this detail. I can just tell you that I did all and only what is written in the table (and AB remaval as discussed) and that I am quite sure that Funalex did no additional tests or modification afterward (the aurora used to set up the mod was not its own). So the table represents the best modification IMO, that we were several to apply and test.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:10 am

It has been a while since I have touched mine, but I was adjusting my ABCZ mixer settings quite far from I believe the funalex settings, I think I got it to slack B depowered. The kite was flying quite well, and was comparing well with the A15. I remember there is a bridle on the tip I think A that is incorrect on the funalex figures, you can copy the adjacent bridle and maybe adjust it if you like. It made my kite quite more triple depower C shape when it was shorter I remember.

tomato
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sweden
Style: faceplant!!!
Gear: old

Postby tomato » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:20 pm

I have done the change on Aurora v1, Put on a bar- it did not flew at all. Formed an almost round arc with tips wobbling toward inside. Was complete dissapointment. Then I have pulled stearing lines to flag and land the kite- kite become full sized, and pulled me throught the beach :) it seems Aurora v1 even with Funalex mods must have shortened stearing lines, or elongated power. It does not fly on a normal bar, where power and stearing lines are the same lenght.

Will try to extend power lines and test again. Anyone remenber how much difference it should have between power and stearing?

It appears I made a mistake in A line, 2 are too short by 10cm... :-?

Return to “Foil Kites”