I did this modification on my 22m two years ago, which I was very happy with (I sold it this summer since I started hydrofoil, too big for my 60 kg with Hydrofoil). The philosophy of the modification is :
- globally modifying the canopy (less flat) for more manoeuvrability.
- A bridles are far more modified than Z bridles, leading to a kind of change in the profile, more stable at first sight.
- Wings are also a "un-twisted" significantly
You can see a short film I did with mrginal winds to see the canopy evolution here :
- initial Aurora 22m : https://vimeo.com/98179546
- modified briddles : https://vimeo.com/98179702
I personally associated it to a "turbo bar" to increase its maneuverability and depower (but twice more bar pressure). I was then able to jump ( not high but god hang time) in 6-7 knots in Twin type and enhanced depower for gusts.
I just have a last comment : the modification was done on the first Aurora (V1), approx 2012-2013. Pansh "optimized" the briddles for Aurora V2 , so funalex modifications are not applicable as they are on V2. It is not clear neither when Pansh changed the briddles, nor if this optization is similar to the funalex values (in that case no modif is required ... )