Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Concept'air 12m Pulsion kite

For all foil kite riders
Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Concept'air 12m Pulsion kite

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:54 pm

Here is a video on skis and fresh thin snow powder layer. Reminder : I initially changed my lotus 10m for the pulsion mainly for snowkiting last spring , hoping to get a more fun and agile kite including climbing slopes with obstacles. Objective is checked !
It was a wonderful ride with the top advantage of very good flight in low winds.

https://vimeo.com/207356760

Note : I have left all the instabilities since it is interesting to see for people interested by this Pulsion. But please keep in mind that it is a condensation of 3-4 hours ride, in a wind orientation that leads to wind turbulence increased by light wind.
Last edited by Regis-de-giens on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flyfish
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Nor Cal
Style: Wave
Gear: Flysurfer

Postby Flyfish » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:11 am

That is an awsome video Regis! Thank you so much for including the shots when the kite falls! This tells me a lot!
Now I must save money for one. I think it is a great kite!

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:20 am

Thanks Flyfish. The comparison with my friend on the Neo LEI was incredible, I think he only rode about 2 minutes during my 3-4 hours ride.

I should add that this falling behaviour is really specific to snowkite and its turbulent wind that prevents the kite to stay as a block; Among 5-6 falls during this ride, 2-3 were recovered on the fly, 1 from the ground but far away from the kite, and twice I had to go to the kite to untangle and prepare relaunch (won't have happened if more than 7 knots).

On the water in case of lull, it is a bit different and even easier to recover the Pulsion, as the kite keeps quite its natural shape in no wind if not turbulent; then being so light in the air (while big inertia of the air trapped compared to cloth weight) , it falls very slowly, more slowly than the wind drift, so 80% of the time I just have to wait 4-8 seconds with one rear line in one hand , then it automatically tension the other line in the air (thanks to wind drift) and pursue its flight (with a downloop generally to ensure its correct turn toward zenith, hence my rear pre-line kept in the hand)

irwe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Keswick
Favorite Beaches: Choche
South Padre Island
Silver Rock
Bahia Salinas
Style: Allaround
Gear: Ocean Rodeo
Slingshot
Spleen
Axis
Best
Shinn
TKF
ConceptAir
Zeeko

Postby irwe » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:22 pm

I (72 kg) wanted a kite for Light Wind Foiling. I currently ride the OR Flites 7.5, 10, 12, 14.5. I am very pleased with the way they handle but with the 14.5 m I could easily Foil in 8 kts but if the kite fell from the sky at 6 kts I could not relaunch it in deep water.
I wanted a kite that was easy to fly for foiling (I don't race). I spoke with Benoit at www.conceptair.com and he recommended the Pulsion 12 m "Light" with 30 m lines.
This kite is a winner for light wind foiling. My wind range is 6 - 12 kts. At 4 kts I can still keep the kite in the air. Above 12 kts I can drop down to a smaller kite.
Constant pull through the wind window which makes transitions easy. Turns quickly.
This kite should be on anyone's radar that wants a light wind foiling kite for freeestyle/cruising.

martino86
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Style: Allround
Gear: Ozone Enduro, Lieuwe Shotgun, Firewire Evo
Been thanked: 0

Postby martino86 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:07 pm

The Pulsion sounds great! What do you think would be my lowend with the 12 (light version) and a 145*45 superlight lightwind TT at 62kg?

LesFoilZ
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby LesFoilZ » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:32 pm

martino86 wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:07 pm
The Pulsion sounds great! What do you think would be my lowend with the 12 (light version) and a 145*45 superlight lightwind TT at 62kg?
With your weight and a quick flat rocker surfboard with some volume (Firewire Sweet Potato 5'2), I can go upwind in small surf in a steady 10-12 knots with the pulsion 9m. Here are my impressions with one of the first prototype (in French):

http://www.lesfoilz.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2740

This is now my favorite light wind wave kite. Around 18 knots I switch to the new Smart Wave 6.5. With a 12m and a fast TT I think you can hope for the same low end even a bit less but with significantly more power. Strapless I like to ride (very) underpowered but with a TT it is less interesting to be underpowered.

I tried again the pulsion 15m from a friend last week and it delivers a lot of power in that wind range but less usable strapless with my weight.

Stef
Last edited by LesFoilZ on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martino86
Medium Poster

Postby martino86 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:37 pm

Okay thanks! I also have a Firewire Evo.

LesFoilZ
Rare Poster

Postby LesFoilZ » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Just for your information, we had a FZ forum meeting last week and I could test back to back my pulsion 9m and the new leader 7m in low wind (the wind range that you are considering). The leader delivers more power than the pulsion 9m in light winds and is very solid in the air (as much as the pulsion). One of the rider from the forum pushed it to 30 knots steady up to 35 knots on Sunday. It is of course less waves oriented (very good drift but a lot of power for a low kite bottom turn) but on a TT, that is also an option that you may also consider.

http://www.lesfoilz.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3430

LesFoilZ
Rare Poster

Postby LesFoilZ » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:50 am

Here is your answer, from a rider on a French forum who owns several pulsions and uses them for his kitesurfing school:
En tt avec la 12m dans 8/11 nds tt 150 (70kg), 30m de ligne je faisait des petits sauts de 2m de haut avec réception kiteloop avec ressource de l'aile.

martino86
Medium Poster

Postby martino86 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Thanks! Looks like a great kite. No need for a 15 then.

Return to “Foil Kites”