Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Concept'air 12m Pulsion kite

For all foil kite riders
Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Concept'air 12m Pulsion kite

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:57 pm

Last week, a session with offshore very irregular wind , beautiful sunrise...

Sorry i did not catch the pulsion a lot in the video, mea culpa. So I was hesitating to post this video, but it is however a good real insight for non-foilers, and an xemple of conditions for which using a race foil kite would have been even more tricky.
https://vimeo.com/188371293
Then I swaped with my loved 9m LEI (stable and light) which ended twice in the water due to turbulences (and far worse up-wind angle).

Pierrot
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 80
Gear: Aluula Roam 10m, North neo 10m, 7m, 5m
Hydrofoil Ketos,

Postby Pierrot » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:54 pm

2 small videos of the pulsion 12m in Turks and Caicos. This is one of the first model (smart aquatik) still flying awesome!
Wind was very light and warm.
This kite is really user friendly... and light wind friendly!

https://youtu.be/JW8bzloZD-U
https://youtu.be/JW8bzloZD-U

https://youtu.be/dUiw3U5-68k
https://youtu.be/dUiw3U5-68k

If kiting in a giant pool is your thing, contact me via MP. My house in longbay is going to be available for rent starting at the end of november 8)

pikovsg
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Boston, Cape Cod, Outer Banks
Favorite Beaches: Cape Cod, Tarifa, Maui, Cabarete, Guadeloupe, Pleasure Bay.
Any session with a BRM Cloud and a hydrofoil.
Style: Soul, Freestyle, Race
Gear: -
Duotone Dice SLS, BRM Clouds, Ozone R1V2
Lift 150, Moses 637
Triton Custom V3 Bat 37", Temavento Sync
Carved Imperator

Postby pikovsg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:44 am

@pierrot What's the link to your house online?

Pierrot
Frequent Poster
Hydrofoil Ketos,

Postby Pierrot » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:57 am

The house is not yet online. It will be in the next 2-3 weeks.
Contact me via private message if you need specific info or want early booking.
It is less than 1km drive from the kite spot. 3 bedrooms

Just a few photos:

View from the villa

The house

The inside

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.

Postby Regis-de-giens » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:47 pm

I involuntary tested the high end of the 12m this week-end ; my clock rings at 6:45 in the morning to benefit from a local offs-shore thermic wind. My sleeping neurones forgot the 9m LEI I usually uses for such "dangerous" conditions ( irregular off-shore wind with a turbulent path to get-out and back-in to the beach) .

So it was Pulsion 12m or 6m LEI. I assumed 6m would be too small. So 12m foilkite in upper range of off shore wind ( but with 2 other friends also riding, not alone) . Standard 25m bar, A briddle setting knot changed to "strong winds" , kite full depowered trim , my little Ketos Wave foil, helmet, gopro and prayers ...

40 minutes of viril ride, like on/off wind blower ; speed ( uoaouuuuuuuuu !) crashes, with body slides of about 15m before slowing down, relaunches ... a lot of pleasure but I was exhausted after 40 minutes. Great that I was not strapless. All went well in the end, with a big smile overall and a final eye on the wind reports and other foiler advices : we all estimated peaks at 20 knots ...

So a great wind range of 6 to 20 knots possible, for 62 kg and a quite small hydrofoil.

Pierrot
Frequent Poster
Hydrofoil Ketos,

Postby Pierrot » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:07 pm

pikovsg wrote:@pierrot What's the link to your house online?
http://www.hakunamatatavillatci.com
Also on homeaway / vrbo.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:05 pm

I share a video I did for myself to keep a trace of my first wave session with the Ketos Wave hydrofoil and Pulsion 12m kite ; nothing fancy , with my poor skilled for this first wave session in my life; just to share a good moment for this new year and see this combo at work (under a good blues from a french singer)
https://vimeo.com/197566084

pikovsg
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Boston, Cape Cod, Outer Banks
Favorite Beaches: Cape Cod, Tarifa, Maui, Cabarete, Guadeloupe, Pleasure Bay.
Any session with a BRM Cloud and a hydrofoil.
Style: Soul, Freestyle, Race
Gear: -
Duotone Dice SLS, BRM Clouds, Ozone R1V2
Lift 150, Moses 637
Triton Custom V3 Bat 37", Temavento Sync
Carved Imperator

Postby pikovsg » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:51 pm

How do you like the Ketos foil, Regis? How stable is it? Is it good for light wind?

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:28 am

Yes Love it from the first day (I learned my first HF session with the Ketos Wave. Stable and agile. Good for freeride light weight riders. But not a killer in light wind compared to my larger Ketos Easy wing, which flies with only 3-4 knots of speed and enough to go upwind as soon as it foils up. With the Wave wing I need say 1 more knot of wind to fly and almost 1 more to go upwind. So acceptable in light wind (down to 6 knots in my reference) but not for marginal winds of 4-5 knots (*).
(*) no need to debate on knots values, it is just for comparision between the two wings :wink:

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:45 am

I know a rider who loves light wind and rides in lake (he uses a speed4 Lotus 15m) ; he just bought a second hand 12m Pulsion last month .

Its riding conditions in lake are irregular, changing from 0 to 10 several times in the same session ; after 4 sessions, he said he loved the Pulsion and was impressed by how it stays at the zenith, in less wind that all the kites he owned (15m lotus, speed 3 dlx, sonic, speed 5). He Loved how it turns quick and smoothly and by the high power of the 12m similar to his speed4 15m Lotus (a bit more in water start but a bit less speed in very light wind, surface difference being certainly the reason). But he reaches the same low end with better stability.

The only drawback he found for its personal use is its ability to relaunch when the kite lays several minutes in the water. I agree with him especillay for his special need to be able to wait minutes for the next "gust" to come to relaunch (even if in my practice in open sea , when the winds get below 2-3 knots it rarely increases again the the next minutes, so i need to focus more on the kite never touching the water with low wind as I will never get enough wind again to relaunch in the next hour) ; So, he noticed that the Lotus cloth is superior on this point after a long stay in the water (to me the Lotus is far above all other cloth of other brand on this feature, thanks to its wonderful water-tightness and reperlancy).

We discussed this and Benoit Tremblay decided to sew a new prototype of 12m Pulsion "Lotus" , i.e. using the cloth Porcher 32gr ("Lotus" is also Procher 32gr) with similar "slippy silicon feeling". The test was successful according to him, with only a impact of the "softness" of the cloth. The 12m prototype is apparently only 100 gr heavier, about 1850 gr. Feeling in the air seems less rigid when flying the kite, so just a matter of preference ...

Return to “Foil Kites”