Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Concept'air 12m Pulsion kite

For all foil kite riders
Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Concept'air 12m Pulsion kite

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sat May 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi all,
I have just received and tested a new closed cells kite coming from Canada. As promised, herebelow its presentation and first trial.

Birth :
- name "Pulsion" formerly called "Aquatik" when it was a prototype
- created by Benoit tremblay from Conceptair, one of the first, if not THE first closed cells kite creator, back in 1999...
- exists in 6-9-12m with an option for light cloth of only 27gr/m (lighter than lotus from Flysurfer)
- developped specifically by Benoit for foil application, for freeride-light wind, fun and accessibility. No race nor speed program.
- fabricated in canada, on command

Mine is a beautiful 12m orange-light cloth. Total measured weight : 1,7 kg ! First aim of limited weight is reached ...

Test yesterday : for french readers who wants every details, i made a long long report here :
http://www.lesfoilz.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 802#p34802

Incredible light wind as you can see on this awful quality video made with one hand , just before trying with my hydrofoil (with poor hopes of success as you can guess ...
https://vimeo.com/167525447

But Actually I have foiled during one hour without kite crash : -).

It flies earlier than lotus and elf, similarly as peak , at first sight. I'll make the translation of my test conclusions later on, but i love this agile and light kite.
Last edited by Regis-de-giens on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flyfish
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Nor Cal
Style: Wave
Gear: Flysurfer

Re: Concept'air new PULSION kite

Postby Flyfish » Sun May 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi Regis,
I am very interested in you report of this kite.
What is the aspect ratio of the Pulsion? Are you using the kite for foil boarding?
I am in search for a kite that will drift very well in 8-10 knots for wave ridding.
Have you ever tried a Peak kite on water and how would you compare this kite to Peak?

Thanks
Jim

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Sun May 22, 2016 5:12 pm

A15, try to get pansh to make it in ultralight.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Sun May 22, 2016 5:22 pm

Pansh is cool. But can we have just one foil kite thread without Pansh? Too much Pansh and it becomes uncool, like parachute pansh.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Re: Concept'air new Pulsion kite

Postby kitexpert » Sun May 22, 2016 10:44 pm

Detailed specs would be nice. And a picture of the bridle, so I could say what should have been done different :wink:

I guess because kite is so light it is simple wing without a lot of inner structures and with quite a lot bridle line. But because it is not trying to be a race kite it may very well be a reasonable design.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Mon May 23, 2016 3:04 am

jakemoore wrote:#### is cool. But can we have just one foil kite thread without ####? Too much #### and it becomes uncool, like parachute ####.
Do you not see by discussing it further , you further pollute the thread? It was just a simple couple of word answer to what flyfish actually wanted. I didn't go into a long speal about how great it is or how little it costs. The pulsion looks interesting and may or may not be good in the surf. Someone would need to try it.

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Mon May 23, 2016 3:13 am

/#### diversion

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Mon May 23, 2016 3:18 am

Well if I talk about #### is it still #### and does that mean you are talking about #### too? And does that mean jakemoore is going to be more angry because now the thread is discussing #### which isn't #### but still could be interpreted as ####.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Mon May 23, 2016 3:50 am

Reigis, I'd like to hear more about it.

I like seeing one of the original foil companies still kicking. He doesn't have it up or a price list on his site.

What's going on with the pullies on the rear leaders of your bar?

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Mon May 23, 2016 8:22 am

Good to see so much interests ; I have prepared the summary of my feelings that I will transfer as soon as my smartphone works again ; to answer rapidly to the questions:
- here is some picture, not enough to deduce the bridle, but anyway :
(it is benoit's pictures, I think it is a smaller size than 12m looking at the number of cells)
- aspect ratio is dependant on sizes (each size has been developped and not "scaled" ; for the 12m it is 5 (speed is about 6 for example)
- briddle and speed system are "standard" 4:2:1
- I have counted rapidly : 30 cells on my 12m

Waves/surf :
A friend of mine had received a proto type in 6.5m and used it in waves which is is its main demand; report here ( in french sorry) : http://www.lesfoilz.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... art#p33204 ; the aspect ratio of the 6.5 tested was less than 5 but I cannot recall the value.
I am not an expert on waves and tried the pulsion only one and in hydrofoil ( main practice for me), but i would say it is very promising, as it is both stable and agile, and generates less power when crossing the wind window than a FS speed ( which is my main foil kite reference on water); it also flies well on front lines only (still well stable when I catch the front line in my hands)

The pulley on my rear lines are a personal custom test, which I wait for better tuning before entering in details ; I would make a separate topic if it turns to be interesting, but nothing specific to the Pulsion which can be used with whatever standard bar (Ben Tramblay uses a security line connected on both rear lines, but I will however use a "standard security line on one front line, not tested yet but this should work).

Here below some picture from Benoit with its own pulsion white 12m on its hydrofoil and apparently twin type:

Return to “Foil Kites”