Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Concept'air new Pulsion kite

Postby foilholio » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:05 pm

Sorry about that, I thought I was helping :lol: Now I know pulls girlfriend is a bigger kook than him I'll be gone.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 15&12, Elf 11 &7, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, Rally 6&4.
foil Ketos, Zone, OR mako, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:43 am

New ride today in a wind i was not sure to succeed. divided in 2 x 45 minutes sessions with one simming back to shore (i was not far since really not sure of keeping the mite dry :nono:

The funny thing is that i reached my absolute phantasm to ride and cross absolutely mirrors zones in an onshore wind (no obstacles windward). It happend once in Cannes (previous video), but today it was often and clearer. So, it is possible to cross it but certainly not to waterstart in it. Another rider (very skilled racer 75 kg) was riding with his 17m ozone r1 v2 which is very light as well. And Simming back at the same moment than me ...

Lmrutledge
Medium Poster

Postby Lmrutledge » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:02 am

Flew the 15 and 12 Pulsion today with Ben himself!! I am very excited about these kites. To tired to type all now but will tomorrow. Most stable kite I have ever flown in under 6 mph on the beach. NO hint of falling. Will fill in more tomorrow.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:56 am

OMG That didn't last long I'm back :lol:

I am sensing a dilemma for Pullstrings. What will he say!

Mr Rutledge hopefully you picked up some insights from the Benoit and can pass them on here. It would be nice to hear from someone that obviously knows what they do and talk about vs the ridiculous foolspert here. While I don't expect you to make the low wind riding claims of Regis, do you not at least have some sense to see that someone like Regis who weighs significantly less than you could too also ride in significantly less wind?

Anyway I look forward to hearing what you say as it seems you are not a trolling fool like some :-)

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: what works for the day

Postby PullStrings » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:43 pm

foilholio wrote: I am sensing a dilemma for Pullstrings. What will he say!
I am so happy that he tested it them both and not surprised that it flew effortlessly on the beach in 4 to 5 knots.
Hanging out with the designer must have been such a treat for him.
His review will we spot on when he goes into more details.

:congrats:

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:27 pm

I was with a friend the other night (Robert aka as meteo) and I really wanted to try the new pulsion. There was no wind, i tried the 12m because that is the one i am interested in, wow, really stable, a lot more than any other foil I have tried. I've had fs speed ( allsize) peterlynn, ozone, tried also the diablo etc.. i couldnt believe how a foil could be so easy to fly in such lightwind. Also it did generate some good power.

The pulsion is really stable at the zenith., you dont have to worry about the kite, it almost fly by itself: i backstalled it while pulling on the rear, let go... first thing you know the kite goes back up to the zenith. Same thing if you pull it at the end of the wind window, the kite wont drop.

I have the demo until wednesday, i hope we get some more lightwind so that i could try it with my raceboard. One thing for sure, it really is an exceptionnal ligtwind kite, and judging with my friend session on his foil it seems aso to be a really great foiling kite as well.

If you are into lightwind and really marginal conditions you really should give this kite a try.
Jules

Lmrutledge
Medium Poster

Postby Lmrutledge » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:07 pm

Here's a little vid from yesterday. 8 mph wind directly onshore. Sweet potato board

Tested Pulsion 15 with Designer Ben.

https://youtu.be/oAwBDu-Ngrk

Try to do a little summary soon.

LMR

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: what works for the day

Postby PullStrings » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:46 pm

jumarcil wrote: There was no wind, i tried the 12m
When you write there was no wind does that simply mean that you could not have gone out ?
Looking at your gear you have listed 11 sqm as your biggest kite. Is that correct and a raceboard ?
So how much wind would you estimate there was ? In your opinion would an expert foilboarder been able to go up and ride right there and then when you tested the kite on land ?

Pikovsg (not an expert-started kiting last year) claims in around 6 mph he jumps 15.8 feet high with 6 seconds airtime on his foilboard + new 12.....do you believe that ?

:D

kitexpert
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: FS

Postby kitexpert » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:39 am

Lmrutledge wrote:Here's a little vid from yesterday. 8 mph wind directly onshore. Sweet potato board

Tested Pulsion 15 with Designer Ben.

https://youtu.be/oAwBDu-Ngrk

Try to do a little summary soon.

LMR
8mph, 7kn? :) Perhaps wind was 8-9kn, some whitecaps here and there can be seen. 15m foil equals ca. 17m LEI, or even is a bit stronger. With big board not at all impossible combination, very well done anyway :thumb:
PullStrings wrote: Pikovsg (not an expert-started kiting last year) claims in around 6 mph he jumps 15.8 feet high with 6 seconds airtime on his foilboard + new 12
Apparently pikovsg is a talented foiler, but his lack of experience shows how he misjudges wind speed grossly. If he foiled whopping 3 times of the wind speed and used 100% of his kinetic energy he could have jumped 10.8ft high. Unfortunately Pulsions L/D is not near infinite and there is lot of drag elsewhere: board, lines, kiter himself. And perhaps pikovsg's jumping technique isn't perfect either, after a year kiteboarding... If 50% of the theoretical height, so about 5ft, was possible to achieve I would be quite surprised.

Lmrutledge
Medium Poster

Postby Lmrutledge » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:00 am

Any white caps were due to outgoing tide with onshore wind. Been kiting here for 11 years. I know the conditions. The wind speed was measured standing in the water At 8 MPH just before I took off. I don't use Knots. Ben said he felt there was even less wind ON the water than the shore.

Whatever the 15 Foil equals with a LEI, I can guarantee you with out any hesitation that the Pulsion won't be "free Fallin" until well after any LEI. We are talkin at least 2-3 mph.

This kite is one where you could put it up and tie it off like the kiddies do at the beach to watch and not worry about it.

For me it is the answer to NOT worrying if the kite will take a dive when I'm trying to Foil board in Ultra light wind. That's what I have been looking for. You won't have to loop the kite to save it from Swimming. It just sits there. We made it fly way past the Zenith over our heads and it just sat there. All the rest of the qualities are a Bonus.

For the record I weigh 110 kgs...

If a kite like this gets you excited about going out more then go for it...

LMR
Last edited by Lmrutledge on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Foil Kites”