For all foil kite riders
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Re: Pansh Genesis and some tuning

Postby edt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:09 pm

Pansh reminds me of a New Jersey Diner. In New Jersey when you sit down to eat they bring you a menu with hundreds maybe even thousands of kinds of food. The problem is not a single one of those foods is made from scratch. Every single one they go into the back pull out a frozen slab of whatever you wanted and heat it up. Instead of concentrating on maybe 5 or 6 dishes the diners there make hundreds of dishes all of them awful. Pansh has a list of a dozen or more kites and some of them are just straight up awful because they are based on designs made in the 1990's. But they also have good kites like the A15 and the Aurora 2. So which one do you buy it's a real problem. What Pansh should do is just gut their lineup and concentrate on maybe 3 different kites and just sell a few kites that are good instead of having the customer play russian roulette. I mean I guess you can't be mad you pay a couple hundred dollars for a kite in order to gamble about whether it's good or not you aren't out that much but still I wish they didn't sell their bad kites. Another problem is you have to guess about which are the best sizes for the kites as they only test it in one size and then just scale it (which doesn't work right). For the a15 at least you know you are supposed to buy the 15 meter kite but for others it's hit or miss.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby foilholio » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:34 pm

Some of the other models have a lot of fans in the land kite community.

When they updated some kites like Aurora, Genesis, and some others they did replace the previous model and scrap it. I can only assume other older models remain because people keep buying them.

Reports from various sized A15 are good.

@EDT I would guess your Genesis still has the poorly design Z bridle? Does it tension up nicely over the whole thing?

I can point you to a whole thread of happy people with Genesis, old ones they had to fix the Z bridle on...

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:12 am

My genesis is pretty new so I think it has the new bridle. Slow as a dog! Ps folholio if you feel like demo-ing it let me know I can ship it to you and you can ship it back after trying it.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:20 pm

I am not so sure on when the update of the Genesis bridle occurred, I saw it mentioned it was updated over a year ago, but then posts more recent disagree. Definitely is updated now, there is pics and reports. The change to the Genesis web page is very recent circa 1-2months, so there is a possibility you could still have the old bridle... that said the Genesis is a bit slow from my experience, but that would seem it's intended design. You have a point on the scaling of the kite. Genesis came from Adam which was really a small kite, I guess this is why they stopped at 12m. To be fair scaling kites is a long normal kite design thing, more recently kites have been tuned and designed for more sizes individually. But those brands doing that have a lot more design resources than Pansh obviously.

Thanks for the offer to send the kite, 12m in Genesis is not really my style of kite. Having used similar flysurfers in that size I could assume it's much the same. Genesis for me would be best in 3 to 8m. 4 or 4.5m I think would be a great size down from 6m. Imho 6m and under a slower kite can be nicer.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:29 pm

foilholio wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:20 pm
4 or 4.5m I think would be a great size down from 6m. Imho 6m and under a slower kite can be nicer.
Same size for me please ! :thumb:
I suppose that the change in briddles occured at the same time that the change in color, no ? so if your Genesis is black an red, it should have the updated briddles. if it is green, too bad !

airsail
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg
Local Beach: Queens Beach North, Queensland, Australia
Favorite Beaches: Queens North, I don’t travel much
Style: Foiling
Gear: Sonic 3 15mtr, Soul 10 mtr, BRM Clouds 8, 6.2, 4.8, 3.7
Lift, Naish and Levitaz foils
Carbonco and home build boards
Ozone and Duotone wings
Naish Hover 95 foilboard

Postby airsail » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:37 pm

So I’ve suggested 3m, 4m and 5m in the Genesis range. Will see if they decide to proceed, 15 days is their development time. I guess there is no water testing, and with these tiny kites it probably doesn’t matter.
I have no affiliation with Pansh, I just sent an email suggesting they look at smaller sizes as there is an interest for foiling. They got back to me and asked what sizes we would like.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:31 pm

@Regis good point yes if you have the new colors I would assume new bridles as well.

@airsail thanks for that, sounds perfect. Should be perfect for light weight riders, extreme winds, kids, and even trainer kites. I wonder how they will price them? All $99? Kites under $99 will just be exceptional value. A good option for people who want to try this Pansh brand with near no financial risk.

olebarry
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ireland
Style: Onshore dumpy beach breaks, small airs
Gear: Flexifoil Shiva 3D 2015 11m
Pansh Aurora II 10m
Gastra Spark 2013 7m
Best Guroo 2008 6M
Flysurfer Radical 5 138 * 42
Alpine Foil VR5 V2 with XLP wing
Has thanked: 0

Postby olebarry » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:39 am

airsail wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:37 pm
So I’ve suggested 3m, 4m and 5m in the Genesis range. Will see if they decide to proceed, 15 days is their development time. I guess there is no water testing, and with these tiny kites it probably doesn’t matter.
I have no affiliation with Pansh, I just sent an email suggesting they look at smaller sizes as there is an interest for foiling. They got back to me and asked what sizes we would like.
Any update on this airsail? I've been keeping an eye on their website but nothing yet :naughty:

airsail
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg
Local Beach: Queens Beach North, Queensland, Australia
Favorite Beaches: Queens North, I don’t travel much
Style: Foiling
Gear: Sonic 3 15mtr, Soul 10 mtr, BRM Clouds 8, 6.2, 4.8, 3.7
Lift, Naish and Levitaz foils
Carbonco and home build boards
Ozone and Duotone wings
Naish Hover 95 foilboard

Postby airsail » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:45 am

Well I have put in size suggestions, now up to them to decide if they go ahead with production. Maybe send them an email asking if more sizes will become available, shows that there is interest.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:13 pm

I also send them this suggestion weeks ago for a 4m . As well as selling spare parts at low price (Rings, cleat, prelines, pulleys

Return to “Foil Kites”