Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Pansh Aurora2 Hangtime/Lift

For all foil kite riders

Macisback
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Larnaca
Favorite Beaches: Larnaca, Les Dauphins, Soma Bay, Prasonissi, Boracay, Tarifa, Sotavento
Style: Airstyle, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Naish & North Kites, Flysurfer Boards, Zeeko Hydrofoil Gear
LWR and Micro Hooks
Dynabar fixed hook/sliding rings
Airstyle T-Handle and Grabrails
Brand Affiliation: None

Pansh Aurora2 Hangtime/Lift

Postby Macisback » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi guys,

I was thinking about buying a 18m Helios from Zeeko for lightwind hydrofoiling and Hydrofoil Airstyle (which I also use my Dyno 18 for), but while I will have to wait until its released, for playing around I thought about a budget kite to play with and learn on. I dont want to modify its bridles (unless there is a idiot-proof guide available) and I want to use my Airstyle 4/5liner Bars from North with Mioniloop/hook.

The Chronos and Sonics seem a bit to tough for a foil kite beginner and there are no cheap 18m Speeds 5.

So I thought about a 18m A15/18 Pansh, but saw that a Aurora2 in ultralight in 19m is available now....

So I have a few questions:

- I couldnt find anything about Hangtime/Lift - does it have a good hangtime or is it too slow for jumping in 10-15knots on a Hydrofoil?
- If you import it, would you import it rather to the UK/Switzerland or Austria? (I have all three possibilities - where is the customs the lowest and fastet? I guess Switzerland? I read in a German forum there is no customs from China for the kites)
- Cleary paying with Paypal is the only right thing for a cheap toy from China like this?
- Would the 22m Aurora2 still be jumpable and does it offer any advantages to the 19m?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts and experience!

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Elf Joker-7 15m

Re: Pansh Aurora2 Hangtime/Lift

Postby Mossy 757 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Strong brand brainwashing...zeeko has never made a foil kite before and one of their designers just posted like a week ago that they're not releasing it yet because they're not happy with the way it performs...but you're already excited to buy one! Lol :lol:

For what it's worth my first foil kite was an Elf Joker 5 15m and my second was a Sonic 11m and I had absolutely no problem learning how to fly them...I had only been kiting for 1.5 years at the time.

There are over a dozen large used foil kites on iKitesurf classifieds right now from established manufacturers who have a proven track record building good kites. I won't start a flame war about Pansh on here, but I think it's fair to say they're not a tested/proven brand in the kitesurfing space.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:40 pm

I would think the Aurora2 would jump better than the A15. With a hydrofoil you could jump with a 12 or 15m in those winds. With the Aurora1-22 I get pretty maxed out at 15knots. Neither should need bridle adjustments out of the bag, but all foils need adjustment eventually. I have made a couple of adjustments to my A15 but that's to get more performance, they were very basic too. If you mainly want easy get the A15, if you want a bit more performance get the Aurora2, both come in Ultralight which you will want on a hydrofoil.

rofer
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: None :(
Gear: Anything I can get my hands on.
Kites include fixed bridles, nasa wings, closed foils, and arcs.
I've got a snowboard, mountainboard, and two kiteboards.

Postby rofer » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:53 pm

Are there many reports on how the Aurora 2s fly yet? I'm very interested in a budget foil option, but hesitant to trust Pansh blindly. It looks like they did a great job with the A15, but with few reports of the Aurora 2 (or their ultralight fabric) I'm waiting before I order one.

I'm excited though. Pansh is selling new foils cheaper than most of the used ones I see. If they can keep their quality reasonable then they'll definitely be getting my business.

Macisback
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Larnaca
Favorite Beaches: Larnaca, Les Dauphins, Soma Bay, Prasonissi, Boracay, Tarifa, Sotavento
Style: Airstyle, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Naish & North Kites, Flysurfer Boards, Zeeko Hydrofoil Gear
LWR and Micro Hooks
Dynabar fixed hook/sliding rings
Airstyle T-Handle and Grabrails

Postby Macisback » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:14 pm

Well, Nicolas is the owner and designer of Zeeko.
He has a proven reputation of being a perfectionist.

As I own a Zeeko board and foils, I know the products are really really good.
I would therefore blindly buy a Helios once its out, knowing there is little chance he would release it without it being level with Sonic or Chronos2.

But until then, I am thinking of buying either an Aurora2 in 19 or 22m :-)

Guess I have to wait for reviews. But the A15 reviews were really good for starters

500 Euros for a new Ultralight Kite with some good Hangtime? Sounds good to me.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 15&12, Elf 11 &7, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, Rally 6&4.
foil Ketos, Zone, OR mako, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:27 pm

I owned a 22m aurora v1 before Hydrofoil. I was able to jump but it does not go very high due to its laaaarge inertia to change the side of the window (with a TT it kills your speed, but not tested the impact with a HF . It has a good hangtime however. I bet that a15 is a bit like the pulsion and jumps higher but less hangtime. It depends on your need... overall same time in the air but certainly more static with Aurora while higher with A15, and definitelly an easier ressourcing at the end of the jump which is maybe a key in HF jump.

Be aware that both will turn slower than your dyno, so i would chose the a15 in light cloth to decrease the gap with dyno.

Speed should be in theory better with aurora (to be confirmed since i found out that my pulsion was more compfortable at medium speed than speed3).

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 15&12, Elf 11 &7, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, Rally 6&4.
foil Ketos, Zone, OR mako, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:37 am

A friend of mine bought the Aurora v2 12m, not tested yet but a good weight : 2.440 kg which correspond to the Lotus cloth ; very promising while it is the "standard cloth" and not the light weight one, which should then lead to about 2 kg with light cloth.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:19 am

Any idea what the Aurora1-12 weighed?

fun2kite
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Singapore
Favorite Beaches: Secret spots around Asia
Gear: Fone Bandit, Flysurfer Sonic FR

Postby fun2kite » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:58 am

I bought and flew Aurora2 19m and Aurora12m.

I will write a detailed report on my impressions, but don't have time for it now.

A very very short version: 19M aurora ultralight launches in 6-7 km/h wind. And you can comfortably ride it with about 10 km/hr with a hydrofoil.

It is a slow kite even with 65cm bar.
If is VERY stable when you ride it with a foil.
The kite needs to be powered at all times. ( I noticed that if I depower the kite, it tends to collapse and twist and fall).
This is the ONLY negative I found about it so far. I don't think my Sonic collapses as easy when ridden de-powered.

It is light! 19m Aurora2 with briddles weights 3kg.
12m aurora2 with bridgles weights 1.8 kg
Very light!!

Ultra light versions of the kite, do not have those magnetic self-open pockets on the trailing side of the kite.

the bar is ok, but I really worried about their release system.

Jumping with a 19M? Not sure. I have not tried it yet.
I rode 19M on my 165cm door twintip in about 9 knots. Was nicely powered, but don't think I could be jumping .
Given it's tendency to collapse, you better be having your lines tensioned during the jump. If you do, you will be ok.
If you let lines slack, I don't think the results will be good.

I flew 12M once. It was turning quite fast. I did a bunch of kite-loops on the beach. used 65cm bar.
Wind was probably around 6-8 knots at that time. Kite had nice power.

But wingtips were partially collapsing during turning of the kite.
Maybe bridles needs to be tuned.. Actually, I will really be looking into some help later to see how can I tune it.
Otherwise, it is the lightest kite I ever seen. 1.8 kg.
Will launch in no wind. If I can figure out tips collapse problem, I think I will be happy with the kite.
A friend of my did a quick examination of briddles and the kite and claimed they are not equal size out of the box.
I need to verify all this as I was rushing and had no time to really examine the kite bridles in detail.

Will write more later.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:49 am

Nice thanks for that so far. Will be interesting to see what the 19m can do after some tweaking, sounds like the 22 could be the light wind king. You should be able to shave a few more km/h off that with a WAC and some mixer adjusting. Even if you just use the settings only for "ultra light" hehe wind, you can just undo and move a larks head here and there once you set it all up.

Bridles uneven? I doubt your friend check the entire kite??, maybe he meant the mixer wasn't level? This is normal for Pansh. Try shortening B an inch to fix the collapsing or/ alternately lengthen Z and maybe lengthen C.

Return to “Foil Kites”