For all foil kite riders

windrider1
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: FLYSURFER, HQ KITES, OZONE KITES
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Pansh Aurora2 Hangtime/Lift

Postby windrider1 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:42 pm

Interesing u say that the Aurora kite collapses and falls when depowered same thing with their blaze III 15m. The kite is basically not usable if its not stable when depowered. Can u comfortably recommend this kite on the water? I doubt it , The one I flew will be going back to pansh for a refund.

fun2kite wrote:I bought and flew Aurora2 19m and Aurora12m.

I will write a detailed report on my impressions, but don't have time for it now.

A very very short version: 19M aurora ultralight launches in 6-7 km/h wind. And you can comfortably ride it with about 10 km/hr with a hydrofoil.

It is a slow kite even with 65cm bar.
If is VERY stable when you ride it with a foil.
The kite needs to be powered at all times. ( I noticed that if I depower the kite, it tends to collapse and twist and fall).
This is the ONLY negative I found about it so far. I don't think my Sonic collapses as easy when ridden de-powered.

It is light! 19m Aurora2 with briddles weights 3kg.
12m aurora2 with bridgles weights 1.8 kg
Very light!!

Ultra light versions of the kite, do not have those magnetic self-open pockets on the trailing side of the kite.

the bar is ok, but I really worried about their release system.

Jumping with a 19M? Not sure. I have not tried it yet.
I rode 19M on my 165cm door twintip in about 9 knots. Was nicely powered, but don't think I could be jumping .
Given it's tendency to collapse, you better be having your lines tensioned during the jump. If you do, you will be ok.
If you let lines slack, I don't think the results will be good.

I flew 12M once. It was turning quite fast. I did a bunch of kite-loops on the beach. used 65cm bar.
Wind was probably around 6-8 knots at that time. Kite had nice power.

But wingtips were partially collapsing during turning of the kite.
Maybe bridles needs to be tuned.. Actually, I will really be looking into some help later to see how can I tune it.
Otherwise, it is the lightest kite I ever seen. 1.8 kg.
Will launch in no wind. If I can figure out tips collapse problem, I think I will be happy with the kite.
A friend of my did a quick examination of briddles and the kite and claimed they are not equal size out of the box.
I need to verify all this as I was rushing and had no time to really examine the kite bridles in detail.

Will write more later.

windrider1
Frequent Poster

Postby windrider1 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:49 pm

You probally will regret buyng a pansh, in all seriousness . I have owned and flew a few of their depower kites through the years and none flew properly. its a waste of your money. Just ask around on any kite forums . last one I flew the blaze III collapse and falls out of the sky when depowered. And this is supposed to be their newest kite. and the other poster just said his new aurora collapse and falls out of the sky also.. this company is a joke someone should shut then down.

Macisback wrote:Well, Nicolas is the owner and designer of Zeeko.
He has a proven reputation of being a perfectionist.

As I own a Zeeko board and foils, I know the products are really really good.
I would therefore blindly buy a Helios once its out, knowing there is little chance he would release it without it being level with Sonic or Chronos2.

But until then, I am thinking of buying either an Aurora2 in 19 or 22m :-)

Guess I have to wait for reviews. But the A15 reviews were really good for starters

500 Euros for a new Ultralight Kite with some good Hangtime? Sounds good to me.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:14 am

You really are a sour puss. He said his 12m was only doing it, any way shorten B and it should be fixed. I would think that is less work than logging into paypal. For someone that hates pansh I find it amazing you still get involved with them.

windrider1
Frequent Poster

Postby windrider1 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:32 am

Youre so full of yourself foilholio that u dont make sense to anyone but yourself. . Who the heck wants to buy a new kite with the idea to have tinker around with bridles . So only his 12m but what about the 15m blaze and the many others that people dont even bother to post about . As long as u keep pimping pansh ill be right here to let people know that pansh is garbage.

foilholio wrote:You really are a sour puss. He said his 12m was only doing it, any way shorten B and it should be fixed. I would think that is less work than logging into paypal. For someone that hates pansh I find it amazing you still get involved with them.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:48 am

By your logic Flysurfer is garbage because you had to tinker with the bridles on a brand new speed5 viewtopic.php?f=197&t=2391691 , and logsdon is having to do the same on a brand new sonic and I and many others have had to do it on many a kite particularly from flysurfer. Just because you don't understand what I type doesn't mean it is nonsense. Despite your insults and childlike behavior I have tried to help you multiple times now. I am not sure I believe you have a friend with a blaze3, why isn't he here posting for help if he has trouble? Anyway post what you like I just won't be paying as much attention.

windrider1
Frequent Poster

Postby windrider1 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:15 am

I don't need your help, I realized ure a kookoo bird a long time ago. No manufacturer puts out 100% perfect kites. but when 50% of your kites don't fly after 10 years of making kites . time to shut dwn as a company , and there u go comparing flysurfer to pansh . u should get your head examined soon cause anyone can tell u that's a stupid comparison, flysurfer innovates and brings out highly technical kites , pansh copys or pretends to create their own kites which 50% of do not even fly right. honestly I don't care to be in a pisisng contest with u about pansh. its really not worth my time. but wht I will not allow is one more person to get scammed by pansh.
foilholio wrote:By your logic Flysurfer is garbage because you had to tinker with the bridles on a brand new speed5 viewtopic.php?f=197&t=2391691 , and logsdon is having to do the same on a brand new sonic and I and many others have had to do it on many a kite particularly from flysurfer. Just because you don't understand what I type doesn't mean it is nonsense. Despite your insults and childlike behavior I have tried to help you multiple times now. I am not sure I believe you have a friend with a blaze3, why isn't he here posting for help if he has trouble? Anyway post what you like I just won't be paying as much attention.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:44 am

Flysurfer copies heaps from paragliding, thats how they made their start. They have some original ideas, many of which were a bit stupid but some industry leading. All kites I have and heard of from Pansh fly, a small minority have defects like all kites but they still fly, the designs aren't always the best or highly refined but are actually still pretty good. Qualitywise much the same could be said about any brand even Flysurfer, infact I have seen some pretty horrible kites from flysurfer. If you're going to claim Pansh copies you may as well say the same for Flysurfer or anyone else, Pansh are not exact copies of anyones but like everyone they obviously get ideas from all places. I don't think Pansh is out to scam anyone but if you really believed that how did your "friend" end up buying one?? Stop expecting a Mercedes when you are paying less than what a Kia costs. Mecedes lol now there is another example of fine german quality NOT. More like plastic shit every where.

fun2kite
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Singapore
Favorite Beaches: Secret spots around Asia
Gear: Fone Bandit, Flysurfer Sonic FR

Postby fun2kite » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:52 am

Hi all,

I will still need to write complete review, but seeing the arguments here just want to add that I think the kite is AWSOME for the money I paid for it.
The 19M will get me ridding in almost no wing and I already enjoyed a few sessions on it that would NOT be possible with ANY other kite as they would just NOT fly in those conditions.
3KG for a 19m kite is insane light. As I said my 15M Sonic FR is 3.7.

I also enjoyed the 19M on a twintip and it is easy to keep it powered when ridding a twin-tip. But when foiling, if going downwind fast and outrunning the kite, that is where depower problem comes in.
I also is not an expert foil kite user, so I think there is still things for me to learn on how to keep the kite properly powered when moving across the power zone.
Having said that, I think Sonic FR is much better when de-powered. But nobody argue that Flysurfer is not a better brand and quality. it is true, but it costs 4X more!

The wingtips collapse was observed only on 12M and , I noticed that bridles may or may not be properly configured. I will spend time figuring out why tips were collapsing later and report how easy it was to fix.
I am still thrilled about 12M because it is only 1.8 kg. Once I figure out tuning, I may just be taking this kite with me traveling as this is as light as it gets.

Overall, Pansh definitely worth the money you spend. Yes, may need to spend a bit of time tuning, but it is SO much cheaper than other brands that the investment of time is justified.

19M required NO tuning. I bought it in the ready to fly package and I guess they had tuned it for me before sending. It just took off nicely and bar is perfectly adjusted.
When I moved that same bar to 12M , it did not work perfectly, but as I said, I'll figure it out.. (hopefully)

Cheers all.
-D.

fun2kite
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Singapore
Favorite Beaches: Secret spots around Asia
Gear: Fone Bandit, Flysurfer Sonic FR

Postby fun2kite » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:59 am

Yes, I may have misspoke.
maybe mixer not level. he definitely did not check the entire kite.
just took the connection points and it seem that they where not exactly same on left and right sides.
foilholio wrote:Nice thanks for that so far. Will be interesting to see what the 19m can do after some tweaking, sounds like the 22 could be the light wind king. You should be able to shave a few more km/h off that with a WAC and some mixer adjusting. Even if you just use the settings only for "ultra light" hehe wind, you can just undo and move a larks head here and there once you set it all up.

Bridles uneven? I doubt your friend check the entire kite??, maybe he meant the mixer wasn't level? This is normal for Pansh. Try shortening B an inch to fix the collapsing or/ alternately lengthen Z and maybe lengthen C.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:28 pm

Mixer like that is normal on all my Panshs. It's far from ideal I guess in a way. Correcting for pulley line shrink it is nice to just line things up, but as I posted viewtopic.php?f=197&t=2392205 the flysurfer way is not perfect and in fact if you start using the mixer to correct for upper bridle shrink, things end up uneven anyway, so there is not much point to a mixer test then is there :-/ Except you can restretch bridles and set a mixer level and everything just works...well for a while...

Good that you like the kites and that they are good. I would ignore windrider he has a serious chip on his shoulder about pansh. I can see on the Panshkite facebook group a few others are enjoying the Aurora 2 as well. 3kg for 19m nice that is 157g/m2 and a tad heavier than the 22m at 3.4kg or 154g/m2, the Pulsion is the lightest currently at 141g/m2 but only comes in 12m and is more expensive. The Pansh Ultralights are in second place beating everything else though LOL, some brands should be embarrassed. Of course flysurfer has better design and quality but not by a massive margin, the price difference though as you say is massive. Who would have thought foil kites would end up being the cheapest kites to buy. I actually think even though flysurfers are expensive upfront, for the amount of hours they last they were cheaper than all the other brands in the long run, except pansh now obviously :-)

You don't have enough depower on the 19m, maybe the bar throw/trim is limiting the kite. I know on my A15 it requires quite a lot of bar throw/trim but then it has a unusual B placement on the kite that is very far back and so requires more throw/trim because of it. I think the Aurora2 is not like that? the aurora 1 wasn't. You can test the kite flying it on the ground from the mixer, place each hand on a pulley line between the A main. From there you can see if it depowers onto A or A and B or if it can fly just on A. Otherwise just adjust your lines/trim I guess or try depowering it by grabbing the depower rope or front leader and see if you get more depower or B bridle goes slack. If B goes slack there is no more depower. If it doesn't you may have something limiting it like the bar etc, or if you don't you have the option of modifying it to depower more at the risk of some instability or collapsing.

Try shortening B or lengthening Z on the 12m.

Return to “Foil Kites”