Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

My pansh Aurora2

For all foil kite riders
Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Re: My pansh Aurora2

Postby Mossy 757 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:59 pm

I say the word "pants" with a slushy mouth.

socommk23
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hill head
Favorite Beaches: Brean. Uphill. Pembrey. Hill head. Meon shore
Style: Keeping the kite dry....hopefully
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby socommk23 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Regis-de-giens wrote:In french we pronounce "penche" which in french means tilt / lean... Hope it is not a premonitory term, and I should verify it next week-end (when I will have received my new Aurora light) but I am confident :D .
What size? Would love to see a review n some pics

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:36 pm

15m, probalby a bit large for my light weight on Hydrofoil above 7-8 knots, but acceptable for TT in 9-15 knots. I will write a review as soon as I have a possible familly/meteo test window :roll:

socommk23
Frequent Poster
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .

Postby socommk23 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:33 pm

Regis-de-giens wrote:15m, probalby a bit large for my light weight on Hydrofoil above 7-8 knots, but acceptable for TT in 9-15 knots. I will write a review as soon as I have a possible familly/meteo test window :roll:
Look forward to it.

megerwan
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby megerwan » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Hello

some feedbacks of my test of the aurora2 12 LIght :

- fly with very few knots
- turning fine

BUT TIps collapse very often. It"s just a mess !!!

socommk23
Frequent Poster

Postby socommk23 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:12 pm

That could be low airspeed. My 15m Bearley flutters the tips. Maybe try shortening the b lines above the pulley on the speed system? This will flatten the profile and steady it a little. Could even induce some wash out at the tips to steady it too.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:09 am

You can shorten B like socommk23 said or lengthen C and Z.

megerwan
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby megerwan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:43 pm

thanks. I will try

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Test of pansh Aurora2 15m2 light

Postby Regis-de-giens » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:22 am

So ! I received the Aurora V2 , light cloth, 15m2.

Out of the bag :
- Only 2.7 kg on the scale , so one of the lightest kite on the market, similar to the Lotus weight
- One big zip opening on the central extrados (far more efficient than on the intrados of the Aurora V1) like Speed2, Chrono, Conceptair Pulsion
- Pulleys are now indeed lighter (plastic type like most kites on the market) and speed system is standard 4:2:1
- Trailing edge has double seems like some race kites (Sonic) and magnetic exhaust valves
- No Leading Edge stiffeners
- Appreciated Grid at each air inlet of the Leading Edge
- The bag is a simple square made of kite cloth, no hanging means

Generally I would compare it to the speed4, its shape being similar (AR and foil thickness).

I was able to launch it for static test, in 8-14 knots:
- Launch without any pre-inflation
- Self-inflation in about 15 seconds, so as quick as a speed 4
- Good stability even if this turbulent wind
- Can fly on front lines only if you gradually depower it
- I made a drift test by pulling about 1.5 meter lines in hand then released : almost perfect slack line behavior
- Sometime the extremity wings fold a bit, very similar to speed 4 lotus on that point I would say
- Slow turning, but my bar was 45 cm, a bit short for this big foil kite
- However loops were able easily even with 25 m bar. The light weight helps I think.

Then I was rode with a mutant TT / directional board ( Shinn Wave 148cm, 10-18 knots)
- Slow to launch the waterstart (still 10 cm missing on my bar which would have improved this). Same for rapid transitions, but in the end I felt the turn radius is only few impacted by the depower stroke on the bar ; hence I would conclude that it turns slower than a Pulsion generally, slower than a S4 lotus when powered-up, but better than a depowered s4 (useful on a hydrofoil or extreme light wind)
- Massive pull when the kite crosses the window
- upwind angle similar to FS speeds
- Good stability during the ride : I could feel in the harness the wind variations and turbulences, but the kite remained stable and I never had any frontstall or a drop of the kite
- After one big turbulence, the lines get slack, then the kite took its shape again without violent shock
- I had the same feeling than with my previous loved aurora 1 with optimized bridles ( Funalex) which is a noticeable improvement
- It needs a certain quantity of sand to not to slip on the ground during massive gusts (24 knots)
- Easy folding back thanks to the efficient zip

In a nutshell,
This is a unbeatable quality/price ratio, for a modern and light weight kite having a good stability, pull and upwind angle, direct out-of-the bag. Relative Slow turning radius shall be compensated by a large bar (55/60 cm) , so freestyle or surf is not its favorite application; For light-wind freeride and hangtime it behaves very good. Not tested for foil but I would say it should be considered for medium / heavy riders only.

socommk23
Frequent Poster

Re: Test of pansh Aurora2 15m2 light

Postby socommk23 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:13 am

Regis-de-giens wrote:So ! I received the Aurora V2 , light cloth, 15m2.

Out of the bag :
- Only 2.7 kg on the scale , so one of the lightest kite on the market, similar to the Lotus weight
- One big zip opening on the central extrados (far more efficient than on the intrados of the Aurora V1) like Speed2, Chrono, Conceptair Pulsion
- Pulleys are now indeed lighter (plastic type like most kites on the market) and speed system is standard 4:2:1
- Trailing edge has double seems like some race kites (Sonic) and magnetic exhaust valves
- No Leading Edge stiffeners
- Appreciated Grid at each air inlet of the Leading Edge
- The bag is a simple square made of kite cloth, no hanging means

Generally I would compare it to the speed4, its shape being similar (AR and foil thickness).

I was able to launch it for static test, in 8-14 knots:
- Launch without any pre-inflation
- Self-inflation in about 15 seconds, so as quick as a speed 4
- Good stability even if this turbulent wind
- Can fly on front lines only if you gradually depower it
- I made a drift test by pulling about 1.5 meter lines in hand then released : almost perfect slack line behavior
- Sometime the extremity wings fold a bit, very similar to speed 4 lotus on that point I would say
- Slow turning, but my bar was 45 cm, a bit short for this big foil kite
- However loops were able easily even with 25 m bar. The light weight helps I think.

Then I was rode with a mutant TT / directional board ( Shinn Wave 148cm, 10-18 knots)
- Slow to launch the waterstart (still 10 cm missing on my bar which would have improved this). Same for rapid transitions, but in the end I felt the turn radius is only few impacted by the depower stroke on the bar ; hence I would conclude that it turns slower than a Pulsion generally, slower than a S4 lotus when powered-up, but better than a depowered s4 (useful on a hydrofoil or extreme light wind)
- Massive pull when the kite crosses the window
- upwind angle similar to FS speeds
- Good stability during the ride : I could feel in the harness the wind variations and turbulences, but the kite remained stable and I never had any frontstall or a drop of the kite
- After one big turbulence, the lines get slack, then the kite took its shape again without violent shock
- I had the same feeling than with my previous loved aurora 1 with optimized bridles ( Funalex) which is a noticeable improvement
- It needs a certain quantity of sand to not to slip on the ground during massive gusts (24 knots)
- Easy folding back thanks to the efficient zip

In a nutshell,
This is a unbeatable quality/price ratio, for a modern and light weight kite having a good stability, pull and upwind angle, direct out-of-the bag. Relative Slow turning radius shall be compensated by a large bar (55/60 cm) , so freestyle or surf is not its favorite application; For light-wind freeride and hangtime it behaves very good. Not tested for foil but I would say it should be considered for medium / heavy riders only.
Nice to the point review and comparison. I fly mine (normal weight) on a pansh 60cm bar and it turns lovely.

Return to “Foil Kites”