Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Peter lynn aero

For all foil kite riders
socommk23
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hill head
Favorite Beaches: Brean. Uphill. Pembrey. Hill head. Meon shore
Style: Keeping the kite dry....hopefully
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Peter lynn aero

Postby socommk23 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:26 pm

Screenshot_2017-01-19-21-33-40.png
So whos going to sell their quiver to buy these new kites?

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Re: Peter lynn aero

Postby kitexpert » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:29 pm

socommk23 wrote:
So whos going to sell their quiver to buy these new kites?
I don't know, not me. Tough decision to make at this stage not knowing much of it... For many pure race kite quiver would be too much anyway.

Kite looks very good to me, but I couldn't find almost anything of it by quick search. I guess it is same designers work as late PL buggy kites, PL Vapor etc.? I've checked that kite and found it is serious work. I've used some PL snow kites and I think they are good kites in their class.

No doubt there is knowhow how to make foil kites, but race kite is much more difficult concept than earlier ones. Interesting to hear first user experiences and to see specs and better pictures. This kite looks different than some protypes of aero which have been around, much higher cell count etc...

socommk23
Frequent Poster
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .

Postby socommk23 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:44 pm

The protos have been wining the buggy racing in the uk. However flown by the top pilots youd expect that.

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:08 pm

It will need to be as light as the current generation of Ozone/F-One/Flysurfers if people are going to use it on the water. This is why I think Elf failed to make an impact with the Joker 7; great airfoil design but the materials are 10-20% heavier than its competitors. There's also a different course layout for snow, buggy, hydrofoil, twin tip racing, etc. and if a kite can't go downwind as fast or faster than an R1V2 nobody is going to buy it for hydrofoil racing. In snow and buggy, I think that's less of an issue because you're not doing straight windward/leeward courses.

socommk23
Frequent Poster

Postby socommk23 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Mossy 757 wrote:It will need to be as light as the current generation of Ozone/F-One/Flysurfers if people are going to use it on the water. This is why I think Elf failed to make an impact with the Joker 7; great airfoil design but the materials are 10-20% heavier than its competitors. There's also a different course layout for snow, buggy, hydrofoil, twin tip racing, etc. and if a kite can't go downwind as fast or faster than an R1V2 nobody is going to buy it for hydrofoil racing. In snow and buggy, I think that's less of an issue because you're not doing straight windward/leeward courses.
Not sure how you determined there being a different course layout for other kite racing ie snow or buggying.
In buggying we often if not always have a directly upwind or downwind leg in the course. Generally more than one per course and typically more complex than hydrofoil race courses. Courses are typically 3 laps and these can be big enough to take around 30mins or more to get around.
Anywho.... the aero is made with light weight material. Can go up and down wind like the r1v2 and blitz it everytime (in the hands of the uks best).
Its going to be hard for it to break into the scene as its rather a latecomer. But if the right people use it well i think its deffinatly one to watch.

socommk23
Frequent Poster

Postby socommk23 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:57 pm

And i bet there is ALREADY a Aero v2, just waiting for the v1 to make an impact before they shout about more improvements in their next gen kite.

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:03 am

He's got zero distribution in the states, I wonder if he's going to try to get it in the hands of anyone on the tour this year.

borist
Very Frequent Poster

Postby borist » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:24 am

socommk23 wrote:Its going to be hard for it to break into the scene as its rather a latecomer....
Nope. If it is better then competition it will be a success. They need to grab one or two of the top riders to show it off. The rest would follow. Racers crave the best gear

socommk23
Frequent Poster

Postby socommk23 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:29 am

borist wrote:
socommk23 wrote:Its going to be hard for it to break into the scene as its rather a latecomer....
Nope. If it is better then competition it will be a success. They need to grab one or two of the top riders to show it off. The rest would follow. Racers crave the best gear
But how is peter lynn going to get 1 or 2 top riders to drop their own proven gear for the unknown in the hydrofoil world?
Maybe flysurfer fliers but cant see fone or ozone riders changing for unknown kites.

socommk23
Frequent Poster

Postby socommk23 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:15 am

Return to “Foil Kites”