Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone Chrono V2 Ultralight versus Chrono V2

For all foil kite riders


User avatar
Adventure Logs
Frequent Poster
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: The world
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer Physco 4, Speed 4 Lotus, Sonic 2
Nobile T5
Nobile Split Foil, Carbon Split
Slightshot hoverglide
Flysurfer Flysplit M, L
Brand Affiliation: None
Contact:

Re: Ozone Chrono V2 Ultralight versus Chrono V2

Postby Adventure Logs » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:41 pm

gurke wrote:Probably less than 10% are folding it like this :lol:

By No wind and a small size it is maybe easy and goes fast, like in the video
What I was thinking. Way too much time and difficulty in real world situations. Roll up my Sonics just like every other foil I've had. Pretty sure if it would make that much of a difference, FLYSURFER would be recommending something like this.

=Jason-

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 563
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:53 pm
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Hollywood Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Aruba Boca Grandi
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Firewire surfboards Vader and Vanguard
LP and Slingshot Hydrofoil
Ozone Enduro, Reo, Chrono 2
Naish Pivot
BRM Cloud
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Re: Ozone Chrono V2 Ultralight versus Chrono V2

Postby airsurfer » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:59 pm

On 15m chrono if I'm careful it takes about 5 minutes but it's harder to do if not sheltered from wind and sand for me it's worth it since I don't use this kite that often so it says in the bag. But if I'm milking every last minute of session and want to pack quick I just roll it up loose at the beach and sort it out at home.

socommk23
Frequent Poster
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:05 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Hill head
Favorite Beaches: Brean. Uphill. Pembrey. Hill head. Meon shore
Style: Keeping the kite dry....hopefully
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Chrono V2 Ultralight versus Chrono V2

Postby socommk23 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:43 pm

gurke wrote:Probably less than 10% are folding it like this :lol:

By No wind and a small size it is maybe easy and goes fast, like in the video
Probably less than 10% are being looked after properly. When the kites have a lot going on in its construction, its worth maintaining them as well as possible to keep the performance its designed to have. Ive seen some R1V2's flying with misshapen leading edges because of how they are packed and stored. Hope no one has the misfortune to buy one like that second hand.
If your not going to look after the leading edge batons you may aswell buy a kite without them.

Kitemanmuc
Frequent Poster
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:10 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone, Moses, SU2, RideEngine

Re: Ozone Chrono V2 Ultralight versus Chrono V2 ihttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CGVOvclVbQU

Postby Kitemanmuc » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:04 am

airsurfer wrote:Nice video comparison and location :thumb:

I've owned the Chrono V1 V2 and Ultralight in size 15 and 18 and this video really demonstrates why the UL is the best.

I'm blown away by this kite and how little wind it takes to ride with it. I've been riding it with Zeeko Spitfire hydrofoil for a few days in 5-8 knots (I ride in the ocean often alone so this is my limit I'm pretty sure the kite can fly in less wind especially with a more skilled rider and larger board.)

1. It inflates instantly at the side of the window with no pre inflation it doesn't jelly fish or wingtip tuck ever.

2. It hangs in the air better than any foil or LEI that I've owned (including FS, OR, BRM, Naish)

3. The UL relaunches every time in these light winds (deep water) you rarely need to reverse it off the water just pull one line. I've had it tip wrap and invert on a blown foil jibe and I was sure I was done it sorted itself out with very little input from me .

4. Turning - this kite turns great for a 15M foil very responsive and fast no wing tip tucking. Very little delay in input flown on 55CM ozone race bar with 25M lines. I'm going to try it with 17M lines just to see if I like it.

This kite flies upwind like most good foil kites what surprised me was how solid it was going deep and fast down wind on the foil it just stayed where I put it.

If you want a no drama foil kite that works in sketchy light wind conditions and aren't out to win races give this kite a try.
5-8 knots was that on 15 or 18m chrono up?

Kitemanmuc
Frequent Poster
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:10 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone, Moses, SU2, RideEngine

Re: Ozone Chrono V2 Ultralight versus Chrono V2

Postby Kitemanmuc » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:05 am

airsurfer wrote:Nice video comparison and location :thumb:

I've owned the Chrono V1 V2 and Ultralight in size 15 and 18 and this video really demonstrates why the UL is the best.

I'm blown away by this kite and how little wind it takes to ride with it. I've been riding it with Zeeko Spitfire hydrofoil for a few days in 5-8 knots (I ride in the ocean often alone so this is my limit I'm pretty sure the kite can fly in less wind especially with a more skilled rider and larger board.)

1. It inflates instantly at the side of the window with no pre inflation it doesn't jelly fish or wingtip tuck ever.

2. It hangs in the air better than any foil or LEI that I've owned (including FS, OR, BRM, Naish)

3. The UL relaunches every time in these light winds (deep water) you rarely need to reverse it off the water just pull one line. I've had it tip wrap and invert on a blown foil jibe and I was sure I was done it sorted itself out with very little input from me .

4. Turning - this kite turns great for a 15M foil very responsive and fast no wing tip tucking. Very little delay in input flown on 55CM ozone race bar with 25M lines. I'm going to try it with 17M lines just to see if I like it.

This kite flies upwind like most good foil kites what surprised me was how solid it was going deep and fast down wind on the foil it just stayed where I put it.

If you want a no drama foil kite that works in sketchy light wind conditions and aren't out to win races give this kite a try.
Wow 5-8 knots. Was that on 18m or 15m Chrono UL?

User avatar
stefarius
Medium Poster
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:53 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: ijsselmeer
Style: freeride, wave, foil
Gear: all kind

Re: Ozone Chrono V2 Ultralight versus Chrono V2

Postby stefarius » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:05 am

UL and the normal Chrono. Both 15m kites.

pstkk
Rare Poster
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:26 am
Gear: Zeeko, Flysurfer, Taaroa, Horue

Re: Ozone Chrono V2 Ultralight versus Chrono V2

Postby pstkk » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:59 pm

On the Flysurfer Peak3 there is an internal line connected to a fifth line safety. This setup, with a small pull tap instead of fifth line, could be useful on the Chrono2 and similar foils that require concertina packing.

Image

socommk23
Frequent Poster
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:05 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Hill head
Favorite Beaches: Brean. Uphill. Pembrey. Hill head. Meon shore
Style: Keeping the kite dry....hopefully
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Chrono V2 Ultralight versus Chrono V2

Postby socommk23 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:20 pm

pstkk wrote:On the Flysurfer Peak3 there is an internal line connected to a fifth line safety. This setup, with a small pull tap instead of fifth line, could be useful on the Chrono2 and similar foils that require concertina packing.

Image
I like that idea. But they would have to have better deflate valves.

User avatar
stefarius
Medium Poster
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:53 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: ijsselmeer
Style: freeride, wave, foil
Gear: all kind

Re: Ozone Chrono V2 Ultralight versus Chrono V2

Postby stefarius » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Interesting, maybe for the smaller sizes.

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 563
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:53 pm
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Hollywood Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Aruba Boca Grandi
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Firewire surfboards Vader and Vanguard
LP and Slingshot Hydrofoil
Ozone Enduro, Reo, Chrono 2
Naish Pivot
BRM Cloud
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Re: Ozone Chrono V2 Ultralight versus Chrono V2

Postby airsurfer » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:24 pm

Litsupply- Yes 5 to 8 knots with 15M UL is possible in flat ish water and side shore conditions. I feel like the faster turning speed on the 15 provides enough to get up on the board and better acceleration which is key to fly the foil. I really don't enjoy flying the 18M Chrono but probably because I really only take it out when there's such little wind that it usually turns out to be a dissapointing session and should probably be doing something else ;) what's your low end with the 11M UL ?


Return to “Foil Kites”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron