Local Beach: sherman island
Style: foiling
Gear: Ketos Fr2, Fr2XL Cloudkites, Pansh A15 15m, 12m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: light wind trim?

Postby opie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Yep, a 12m and a15m Pansh A15. They are only a few sessions old, and seem very stable.

windrider1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: FLYSURFER, HQ KITES, OZONE KITES

Postby windrider1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:41 pm

Ok got it. Well all foil kites basically require the same skillset , which is to trim the kite for the conditions at hand. Don't ham fist the kite. Depower the kite a little bit in light winds and in general push the bar out a little on the upstroke. Foil kites generate power by moving. the bridles on the trailing edge of the kite make them sensitive to stalling if u don't trim the kite well. If ure slowing down while riding depower the kite a little bit. If u continue to have problems there may be an issue with the kite itself.

opie wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:28 pm
Yep, a 12m and a15m Pansh A15. They are only a few sessions old, and seem very stable.

opie
Medium Poster
Local Beach: sherman island
Style: foiling
Gear: Ketos Fr2, Fr2XL Cloudkites, Pansh A15 15m, 12m
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby opie » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:42 pm

I had another chance to try the 12m and I did much better. I depowered at the trim strap even more, and I am getting used to it. I think that the ultra light bar pressure was so strange I kept trimming out to add pressure, so that I could turn. Now I see that as long as the kite is moving it seems to turn fine with very little bar pressure. As long as I start the turn while the kite is not yet at the edge of the window.

Another thing that made it much easier was the Ozone race bar I have on that kite. Being able to change the trim with very little pressure form the kite is much easier than the Pansh bar. With the Pansh cleat I usually have to grab the cleat with one hand and the rope with the other to get it out of the cleat.

Return to “Foil Kites”