R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Enata?

Postby davesails7 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:15 pm

TomW wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:50 pm
I saw that Enata is Dubai based.
This website for one of their other projects (41' foiling motor yacht) seems to say they are a Swiss engineering company: https://foiler.com/en/home#Enata

I have seen a lot of their videos were in Dubai though.
Jzh_perth wrote: I don't want to speak out of turn, but I know a couple of the Flysurfer Pro riders and they are normal guys with jobs like the rest of us.
Yeah, the guys I've met have been fairly regular guys who spend all of their disposable incomes on kiteracing, but get deals on their gear. It's not unusual to see a guy pull up in a $3000 car and pull out $10,000 worth of brand new race kites and foils :D

Bletti
Frequent Poster
Gear: Slingshot Rally 10m
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bletti » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:19 pm

It's no secret Enata is owned by Maxime Nocher's family. It looks like it's limited to riders that train with him for the most part currently. Who knows if/when that will change...

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Bletti wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:19 pm
It's no secret Enata is owned by Maxime Nocher's family.
Ahh, I didn't know that.

It seems like Maxime hasn't been competing in any of the major events all summer. Is he injured?

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:23 pm

BOEMIX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sant Pere Pescador (Spain)
Favorite Beaches: Etang de l'Eole, La Franqui (France)
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Kites: ozone: Flusurfer Soul15m, Flusurfer Peak 11m, Flysurfer Peak 8m, Ozone access 6m, Ozone Enduro 7 and 10m, Ozone Edge 13m,
Boards: Naish Bullet 5,4, Liewe Shotgun 138x41, Custom Saul 145x45, Custom Race TTBoard, Custom Rikyshapes foil board with Sabfoil.

For winging: Duotone 5'5 Aluula Unit, Takuma Ride3 5m, Cabrinha Mantis 4m, Slinshot 3'2, and also Custom Rikyshapes winging with Sabfoil as the biard/foil.

Postby BOEMIX » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:15 pm

Oh! Enata kites finally out!

It' a proven kite racing design, right, but we want to see a video/review showing it's airstyle capabilities!

socommk23
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hill head
Favorite Beaches: Brean. Uphill. Pembrey. Hill head. Meon shore
Style: Keeping the kite dry....hopefully
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .
Has thanked: 0

Postby socommk23 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:56 pm

Fone diablo v4? Love that yet another co is in on the scene.

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:19 pm

There's 2 kites on there, the "really really racy" kite and then the "still pretty racy but maybe not as much so"

Kinda looks like the same segmentation as the Sonic2 and Sonic Race...

socommk23
Frequent Poster
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .

Postby socommk23 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:47 pm

They using a "turbo" setup like a diablo and the very same bridle lines as the diablo. After coming from fone and flying the diablo, maxime I'm guessing was doing his research ? I like the idea of a pure race kite and a not so but quite fast maybe for other terrain type kite. Agree with mossy on that it's very sonic/race maybe chrono/r1 . Prices are, well, they taken the top spot in "f*** me how much!" But then they are proven in the arena I guess so can ask any price tag they want. We seen how quickly the pros change their sponsorship and quiver. Maybe they believe people will see up and buy theirs?

Bletti
Frequent Poster
Gear: Slingshot Rally 10m
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bletti » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:53 pm

socommk23 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:47 pm
They using a "turbo" setup like a diablo and the very same bridle lines as the diablo. After coming from fone and flying the diablo, maxime I'm guessing was doing his research ? I like the idea of a pure race kite and a not so but quite fast maybe for other terrain type kite. Agree with mossy on that it's very sonic/race maybe chrono/r1 . Prices are, well, they taken the top spot in "f*** me how much!" But then they are proven in the arena I guess so can ask any price tag they want. We seen how quickly the pros change their sponsorship and quiver. Maybe they believe people will see up and buy theirs?
They took one of the foil kite designers that worked for f one with them, which is why the designs are similar. It's a Banga hydrofoil essentially too after they bought a stake in the company so it's not like they had to start from scratch with in house r&d as a start up, which is probably a good thing for performance. Apparently the initial Enata race kite was originally intended to be the DIablo v3 but after their departure Diablo went back to the drawing board to tweak the design. But all this information is a half year out of date so I could be wrong. I'm also not 100% whether it was Maxime's or Mazella's (i get there names confused sometimes and both ride Enata gear so I could have been wrong about that too) family that brought the bank to invest. It's one of those two but I haven't been in the loop with everything going on race wise for a while. If you asked around from people in the know you could find out.

socommk23
Frequent Poster

Postby socommk23 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:15 am

Bletti wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:53 pm
socommk23 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:47 pm
They took one of the foil kite designers that worked for f one with them, which is why the designs are similar. It's a Banga hydrofoil essentially too after they bought a stake in the company so it's not like they had to start from scratch with in house r&d as a start up, which is probably a good thing for performance. Apparently the initial Enata race kite was originally intended to be the DIablo v3 but after their departure Diablo went back to the drawing board to tweak the design. But all this information is a half year out of date so I could be wrong. I'm also not 100% whether it was Maxime's or Mazella's (i get there names confused sometimes and both ride Enata gear so I could have been wrong about that too) family that brought the bank to invest. It's one of those two but I haven't been in the loop with everything going on race wise for a while. If you asked around from people in the know you could find out.
This makes sense to me. Would be silly to start from scratch when proven formula already exists. Each new pure bred race kite just pushes performance a little further along.
Still waiting for that moment something new brings a bigger step in performance than double trailing edge cells.

Return to “Foil Kites”