Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Pansh Aurora II 10m - one item off bucket list

For all foil kite riders
socommk23
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hill head
Favorite Beaches: Brean. Uphill. Pembrey. Hill head. Meon shore
Style: Keeping the kite dry....hopefully
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Pansh Aurora II 10m - one item off bucket list

Postby socommk23 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:15 pm

No need to shake the kite to inflate it. Just hold the bar in. Make it backstall almost to a hover and the tips come out naturally. Shaking it about will just age it faster.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:42 pm

^^ also it helps launching it with trim full out.

=Jason-

oldkiter
Frequent Poster

Postby oldkiter » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:22 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2396113&start=10 from windrider1 at bottom of page.

Think this is good summation of how to fly foil.

Very sensitive to the line lengths/trim strap/potential for backstall.

Obviously going to take time and practice!

revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Postby revhed » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:49 pm

airsail wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:27 am
have plans for an adjustable mixer as I like to adjust to my personal preference, eg a kite that sits deeper in the window.
I'll measure them before the first use.
Great if you measure stock before first flight bridles well and post for others to see and do yourself a favor to check if left and right are the same.
Also, do you mind explaining your "adjustable mixer" set up and maybe even a photo or 2 as have a feeling myself ad others might like.
I REALLY want, need a ultralight kite for foiling in about 6 knots so after looking a little and experiencing extreme sticker schock :o at prices
Pansh just might be a good choice.
I like the idea of a RAM air kite sitting a little further in the window for those times when one needs to body drag to retrieve foilboard after missed move.
R H

airsail
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg
Local Beach: Queens Beach North, Queensland, Australia
Favorite Beaches: Queens North, I don’t travel much
Style: Foiling
Gear: Sonic 3 15mtr, Soul 10 mtr, BRM Clouds 8, 6.2, 4.8, 3.7
Lift, Naish and Levitaz foils
Carbonco and home build boards
Ozone and Duotone wings
Naish Hover 95 foilboard

Postby airsail » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:54 pm

All flysurfers have adjustable mixers, over time bridles shrink and you need to do the mixer test, see https://vimeo.com/9488886
For jumping and float having the knots aligned gives the best performance, but the kite is now in its most streamlined position and it can hindenburg if your not careful. As your not boosting on a foil you can adjust the mixer to give more angle of attack, this will sit the kite slightly deeper in the window, more stability and less chance of hindenburg.
It does reduce you high end wind range and depower, but we are talking ultra light wind so not an issue.
Piloting a foil kite is different to an LEI, and I think Ozones Hyperlink may be bridging the gap but I can't see a line plan for it on the net. The Pansh A15 has a different bridle plan, maybe a copy of the hyperlink. The Aurora plan is closer to the older flysurfer psycho's.
The kite arrived but we are in our wind season so won't get to try it for awhile.

tomato
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sweden
Style: faceplant!!!
Gear: old

Postby tomato » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:43 am

I have a question about how do you rig Auroras?

Do you use 5th line for safety? I don's realy like idea of having one extra line, just extra risk for tangling.
Or connect normaly as LEI with single line flag setup?
Or connecting leach to steering lines, so if CL released- leach holds steering lines and kite stall or even flags on 2 back lines?

What is the best way for you?

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Aurora and A15 work well without the 5t line ; the usual practice is to connect the leash to one front line only ; 2 front line is forbidden (dangerous) ; 2 rear line is acceptable : a bit less safe , but far easier to relaunch and common practice on snow
airsail wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:54 pm
The Pansh A15 has a different bridle plan, maybe a copy of the hyperlink.
well ... A15 has been created years before the Hyperlink , so it should be the contrary actually ... But Ozone does not need Pansh advice to design briddles :D ; by the way A15 brides are very long IMO

Kykeon
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: .
Brand Affiliation: $iemens

Postby Kykeon » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:30 pm

airsail wrote:
For jumping and float having the knots aligned gives the best performance, but the kite is now in its most streamlined position and it can hindenburg if your not careful.
Well, unfortunately in Pansh (unlike Flysurfer) you do not have the knots in straight line so you’d better do a mixer test while it’s new.
Moreover adjusting the mixer afterwards is not as easy as moving a knot…
Here is the test I did in my a15 while still almost new
viewtopic.php?f=197&t=2391108&p=984053#p984053

airsail wrote:
As your not boosting on a foil you can adjust the mixer to give more angle of attack, this will sit the kite slightly deeper in the window, more stability and less chance of hindenburg.
It does reduce you high end wind range and depower, but we are talking ultra light wind so not an issue.
You mean camber , the AoA you give it by pulling in the bar or shortening back lines in general, you don’t need the mixer for that.

airsail wrote:
The Pansh A15 has a different bridle plan, maybe a copy of the hyperlink.
Since a15 came out a year before the Hyperlink I would say that Ozone got inspired from lower aspect ratio kites in the market (a15, kitech fly4, Conceptair Pulsion)

tomato wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:43 am
Do you use 5th line for safety? I don's realy like idea of having one extra line, just extra risk for tangling.
I don’t like the 5th line either, I now have front line flagging but haven’t tested it yet…

PugetSoundKiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Wake TT, Strapless Surfboard, Landboard
Gear: Cabrinha, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Naish, North, Pansh, Ozone, HQ, Peter Lynn

Postby PugetSoundKiter » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:51 pm

tomato wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:43 am
I have a question about how do you rig Auroras? Do you use 5th line for safety? I don's realy like idea of having one extra line, just extra risk for tangling. Or connect normaly as LEI with single line flag setup?
Or connecting leach to steering lines, so if CL released- leach holds steering lines and kite stall or even flags on 2 back lines? What is the best way for you?
When I set up my 19m Aurora Ver.1 I added a 5th line safety because I was not sure how it would behave/pull if the wind picked up. Yes it is an extra line and extra tangles for setup, but it's less tangles when you use the 5th line because the kite does not spin like when using a single front line. I used six 200# spectra lines from the Center-Left A,B,C and Center-Right A,B,C attachments to a single point connection. I calculated each line length as right triangles to the single point about 1 meter away from the kite.

Testing I confirmed using the 6-Point bridle attachment to a 5th line, the kite does not spin when flagged, the two sides fold back, and the kite is safe/stable/stays down if it falls leading edge up directly downwind. This made recovery easy walking the 5ht line. In very light wind it made downwind re-launch easy, just be prepared because the kite is inflated, and it will pull hard if launched directly downwind. Using 6 attachments also distributes the load over twice the connections as the FS 3 FDS Lines. It may be a little more drag but I use this only on large size kites. I added a 6-Point 5th line bridle to my 18m A15 and it worked the same. I'd recommend this setup for large size foil kites till you think the benefits are less than dealing with the extra layout tangles and drag/weight of the 5th line.

oldkiter
Frequent Poster

Postby oldkiter » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:37 am

OMG! I'm too old for this!

Still can't put pics so will have to describe.

So I'm trying to get this "mixer" concept. Obviously, aim is to keep lines as they started?!

I use method of Flysurfer https://vimeo.com/209216061. I wrap A (front) and Z (rear) around foot and move up kite leaders to first connections. However to get them to match I have to allow Z to move up apx 10-12 cm (4-5 in) - should it be this different? Is this showing the reason for so much built-in "backstall"? The difference is apx as long as the last pigtail on the kite leader lines.

With A and Z even, B and C match up very close as well - maybe 1/2 cm different on B from the rest.

Did not check other side yet - want to know if my understanding is correct.

Thanks.

Return to “Foil Kites”