Ozone 9m chrono v2 vs 9m hyperlink

For all foil kite riders
Brian H
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Whiterock British Columbia
Favorite Beaches: Hurgada egypt
Style: Foilboarding
Gear: 120 groove skate board 110 & 150 Mhl lift. 9m hyperlink ultra light . 4m 5m 8m peak .4.5m Concept-air wave.
Brand Affiliation: None

Ozone 9m chrono v2 vs 9m hyperlink

Postby Brian H » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:30 am

I was going to buy a 9m hyperlink for foiling but I found a new chrono v2 for a lot cheaper . is the chrono that much more of a beast to fly ? I have owned 5 flysurfer kites before but I was attracted to the ease of use of the hyperlink. Thanks

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Rough and tumble
Gear: Ram air and single skin Foil kites. Long skis to truck, short skis to huck.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Flysurfer. Ozone, HQ kites and Gin kites.

Re: Ozone 9m chrono v2 vs 9m hyperlink

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Seriously, the Chrono V2 is very user-friendly. The Hyperlink is a great kite as well. But don't be scared off by claims that the Chrono is hard to fly. The original, sure, was a high AR race kite. It takes some experience to get the best out of it and to know how to handle it. The V2, is easy in comparison. I'd bet real money anyone who claims otherwise simply doesn't know how to fly a foil kite effectively.

If you are used to flying Flysurfers, the Chrono will be a piece of cake.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ozone 9m chrono v2 vs 9m hyperlink

Postby Matteo V » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:15 am

The Chrono 1 was a race kite and punished you if you were not extremely attentive.

The Chrono 2 has as many "controls" as the Chrono 1, but does not punish you if you are not as attentive.

If you are looking at a kite around your lightest wind range, the Chrono 2 beats out any other kite in potential capabilities. Read that as you can make a Chrono 2 work when "easier" kites are falling out of the sky.

But at 9m winds, you may want a bit more of a dumbed-down kite so you do not have to react as quickly to wind shifts, gusts, and updrafts.

Return to “Foil Kites”