Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer Soul

For all foil kite riders
Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Soul

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:30 pm

andylc wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:54 am
That is a big change compared to everything else out there. With the possible exception of the Hyperlink, which I haven’t flown.
And the Pansh A15 , and the conceptair Pulsion , and kitech FRS...
They all share these common features of modern lower ratios foilkites actually.

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Postby Kitemanmuc » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:14 pm

davesails7 wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:52 pm
Adventure Logs wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:57 am
My prediction for 2019 will be the Sonic3 turned into the Speed 6. We shall see.
That makes sense. Sonic Race V2 prototypes are being flown at La Ventanna Hydrofoil Pro Tour right now. Three fairly high aspect foil kites (Speed+Sonic+Sonic Race) doesn't really make sense while Ozone seems to have the market cornered on freeride foil kite with the hyperlink.

Are there any pictures of the soul?

Sonic Race V2 prototype:
The Soul blows the Hyperlink out of the water. Its not even a fair comparison. Its above and beyond better. Im not a flysurfer dealer, rep, team rider or anything. I had a hyperlink, tried the soul and wow. Its in a different class. I wouldnt say Ozone has the freeride market corners. The SOUL is cheaper and without a doubt a far superior kite.

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:19 pm

I never tried the Hyperlink because one go on the Soul convinced me to buy it straight away. What is it that is superior out of interest?

My experiences so far with the Soul show it to have great low end power (comparable or even slightly more than the 13m Chrono V2), fantastic stability, good (LEI like) bar feedback and surprisingly good boosting (I'm actually going higher than on the Chrono V2, I think because it is easier to send like an LEI - I had thought that this might be one area where it might lack a little).

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:25 pm

andylc wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:19 pm
I never tried the Hyperlink because one go on the Soul convinced me to buy it straight away. What is it that is superior out of interest?

My experiences so far with the Soul show it to have great low end power (comparable or even slightly more than the 13m Chrono V2), fantastic stability, good (LEI like) bar feedback and surprisingly good boosting (I'm actually going higher than on the Chrono V2, I think because it is easier to send like an LEI - I had thought that this might be one area where it might lack a little).
Everything! :lol: Well the low end stability of both the Hyperlink and the Soul is outstanding. The internal pressure is fantastic. The Soul however is nimble and faster compared the hyperlink, the hyperlink, while lower aspect than the Soul still turns a little slower. The Soul outclasses the Hyperlink on turning speed, relaunch, boosting height by miles, hangtime, upwind ability. When you drop the soul it just sits on the water like a cork and its really hard to bow tie. It just undoes itself. Its is very easy to manage on the high end, i was having a blast in 19-22 on a hydrofoil and 12m Soul. While with other foil kites i was really struggling. The bridal is the only thing i will give the hyperlink. Its much simpler. But in the end both kites have the same ease of use attributes, but the performance of the Soul is above and beyond the Hyperlink. The Ozone bar is better though.

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:31 pm

I went with a Soul 12m and an Ozone race bar with 21m lines (exact same spec as Fysurfer use) for that exact reason - did not like the Flysurfer bar much at all! Apparently there is a new and improved one on the way from Flysurfer but it's not available yet.
I haven't even gotten close to making the Soul misbehave - not so much as the slightest of tip tucks. The only thing I do find is that once it is inflated its a bugger to pack away again - it really likes to keep its' shape! Deflate valves are small!

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:56 pm

andylc wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:31 pm
I went with a Soul 12m and an Ozone race bar with 21m lines (exact same spec as Fysurfer use) for that exact reason - did not like the Flysurfer bar much at all! Apparently there is a new and improved one on the way from Flysurfer but it's not available yet.
I haven't even gotten close to making the Soul misbehave - not so much as the slightest of tip tucks. The only thing I do find is that once it is inflated its a bugger to pack away again - it really likes to keep its' shape! Deflate valves are small!
:lol: Ill take that problem over having the kite deflate and sink out on the water.

mig27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, Scheveningen
Favorite Beaches: Brouwersdam, Slufter, Grevelingendam, Rockanje
Style: strapless hydrofoil and wave
Gear: Zeeko Notus5 5.5m
Flysurfer Speed 5 12m
Zeeko 2015 Pocket board
Zeeko 2016 Carbon freeride foil + racewing
Nobile woodskim 129x50 (with foil mast inserts)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mig27 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:08 pm

andylc wrote:
The only thing I do find is that once it is inflated its a bugger to pack away again - it really likes to keep its' shape! Deflate valves are small!
I had the same issue with the speed 5 12m, which I owned for a season!

Nem0
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rectalcity
Favorite Beaches: Hörnum on the island Sylt (West- and Eastcoast)
Gear: 18m Sonic3 + 12m Soul2 + 8m Sonic4 + 133x42 ZERO-G + Spleene CarbonPro Monsterdoor
Has thanked: 0

Postby Nem0 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:18 pm

mig27 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:08 pm
andylc wrote:
The only thing I do find is that once it is inflated its a bugger to pack away again - it really likes to keep its' shape! Deflate valves are small!
I had the same issue with the speed 5 12m, which I owned for a season!
But this is completely different! :nono:
Speed5 has one small deflate valve.
The Soul has two big ones!
In my point of view it's much better!!! :thumb:
(on saturday i packed the 21m Soul!?! :naughty: )

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Tue May 01, 2018 2:05 am

Try and fold and open deflate as first thing you do on landing, if kite is positioned in good wind it will deflate quick. If you kite with other foil kiters they should do this for you.

It's a compliment to flysurfer their air tightness technology is so advanced. Not only does a less leaky kite make relaunch better but flying is better as less air is needed to work keeping the kite inflated, you also get more stability as the kite holds it shape with slack lines and the magically hot air balloon effect is more because of less cold air inflow.

BOEMIX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sant Pere Pescador (Spain)
Favorite Beaches: Etang de l'Eole, La Franqui (France)
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Kites: ozone: Flusurfer Soul15m, Flusurfer Peak 11m, Flysurfer Peak 8m, Ozone access 6m, Ozone Enduro 7 and 10m, Ozone Edge 13m,
Boards: Naish Bullet 5,4, Liewe Shotgun 138x41, Custom Saul 145x45, Custom Race TTBoard, Custom Rikyshapes foil board with Sabfoil.

For winging: Duotone 5'5 Aluula Unit, Takuma Ride3 5m, Cabrinha Mantis 4m, Slinshot 3'2, and also Custom Rikyshapes winging with Sabfoil as the biard/foil.

Postby BOEMIX » Tue May 01, 2018 7:59 am

If the FS Soul is as good as people are telling here, in no longer we gonna see "soul kiteloopers" i hope.

Maye they are already?

Return to “Foil Kites”