Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer Soul

For all foil kite riders
BOEMIX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sant Pere Pescador (Spain)
Favorite Beaches: Etang de l'Eole, La Franqui (France)
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Kites: ozone: Flusurfer Soul15m, Flusurfer Peak 11m, Flysurfer Peak 8m, Ozone access 6m, Ozone Enduro 7 and 10m, Ozone Edge 13m,
Boards: Naish Bullet 5,4, Liewe Shotgun 138x41, Custom Saul 145x45, Custom Race TTBoard, Custom Rikyshapes foil board with Sabfoil.

For winging: Duotone 5'5 Aluula Unit, Takuma Ride3 5m, Cabrinha Mantis 4m, Slinshot 3'2, and also Custom Rikyshapes winging with Sabfoil as the biard/foil.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Soul

Postby BOEMIX » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:18 pm

At last I had the chance of testing the 15m FS Soul and wow!

This kite is amizing! Is just in another league!

I have ridden it extensively in foil and twin tip and this kote is STABLE as no other foil kite I have ever ridden, even totally mistimed jumps can't collapse it, just floats with you waiting for the next attempt, while any other foil kite gonna say to you GAME OVER folding or bowtieing.

And that doesen't implies any trade in performance, it boasts to the moon. Especially noticeable with the twin tip. Maybe I still need to get the right timing with the foil.

Totally recomended.

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:59 am

There must be some trade off, it is just not discovered yet. Actually it is, since you claiming that you got it for a good price, this means the first owner sold it because of...(*)?

One thing is a worry tho, if the kite is that well sealed, what happens with the moisture inside of it when stored?

There is a reason why I ask, since I do wash my kites if taken salt water, and dry it after. Even the condensation can't evaporate from inside. Sure, this is irrelevant when new, but when the mold attacks the fabric, it wont be. And no matter what, some ppl just hate discoloration.

Something to think of isn't it...I'm sure AL will know the answers already, kinda like, who cares if it's flying good ;) Than back to *.

Jzh_perth
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Scarborough, wa
Style: Hydrofoil, Sufboard and TT
Gear: Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: Flysurfer dealer

Postby Jzh_perth » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:44 am

I know 5 people with the Soul now and they are all loving the kite.

Downunder, are you really suggesting the airtightness of a foil kite is a potential drawback ? That’s a bit ridiculous

( And what do you mean you wash your kites after salt water ? You do know fresh water is what causes problems right ? )

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:01 am

I understand what downunder is claiming. I (and others) had some trouble with the former speed4 lotus : It was so waterdeperlant and watertight that if for any reason there was humidity inside (packing the kite in water or snow from snowkiting) it was very long to dry (ie. Several days laid in a garage in winter) even when flying the kite to dry it ; With fresh water it can lead to traces or odors or degrading the cloth if but again in a hot car for the next session.

However i really like the repellancy of Lotus. Maybe this idea of having the extrados lotus and the intrados standard will mostly solve this by capilarity through the intrados.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:03 am

downunder wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:59 am
There must be some trade off, it is just not discovered yet. Actually it is, since you claiming that you got it for a good price, this means the first owner sold it because of...(*)?

One thing is a worry tho, if the kite is that well sealed, what happens with the moisture inside of it when stored?

There is a reason why I ask, since I do wash my kites if taken salt water, and dry it after. Even the condensation can't evaporate from inside. Sure, this is irrelevant when new, but when the mold attacks the fabric, it wont be. And no matter what, some ppl just hate discoloration.

Something to think of isn't it...I'm sure AL will know the answers already, kinda like, who cares if it's flying good ;) Than back to *.
If you wash a kite with fresh water you create the perfect conditions for mold to grow. Mold does not like salt. Yep if you dry it perfectly as in 10000% then mold may not grow. But every hour you leave you kite hanging in the sun is one less hour it will last kitesurfing. The biggest enemy of kite fabric is ... sunlight. It's personally why I kite in the dark, kidding!

Flysurfer kites are sealed well and if water gets inside the only way to dry it really is to fly it. The best way to dry any foil is flying it. Try finish the session with a dry kite. You can safely leave a salt wet kite for up to a month or even some more. A few days to a week is definitely no issue. If a kite gets rain wet it can get mold very quick.

I doubt many people have second hand souls yet. Flysurfer kites like all can be had at much cheaper prices than retail, you just need to make the right deal. Flysurfer is the technical best foil brand. That will definitely rub Ozoners up the wrong way but people falsely equivalate Ozones other areas with being able to translate directly into waterfoils. Sure Ozone is much better now since the Chrono 1 but Flysurfer is still ahead. There is lots of people in this sport who like to be on the "best name". Personally I like my Pansh, and it has a some what rotten name :-)

Regis-de-giens wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:01 am
However i really like the repellancy of Lotus. Maybe this idea of having the extrados lotus and the intrados standard will mostly solve this by capilarity through the intrados.
It is a somewhat good idea. IMHO the main benefit of lotus is airtightness, after all kite is more flying than boating. Previous flysurfer coatings are well known for cracking and peeling. I think if the better coat is not used on the bottom then you have maybe longevity issues as with the old coating. Plus the trailing part of the kite will most likely leak especially when depowered. Also for waves a more leaky bottom skin is not a good idea.

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:32 am

Jzh_perth wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:44 am

Downunder, are you really suggesting the airtightness of a foil kite is a potential drawback ? That’s a bit ridiculous

( And what do you mean you wash your kites after salt water ? You do know fresh water is what causes problems right ? )
Hi James,

how is it going?

Umm, yes, and it's not ridiculous, it's happening on Paragliders which must be pretty airtight for obvious reasons.

Yes, and I wash all my quiver every now and than. What salt does is way more than fresh water discoloration (and my quiver is perfectly dried).

@Foil,

here:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 8-230-9433
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 3-230-9433

Not hard to find really....

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Bit strange he says they are new in the description then he says he has used them only a couple of times?? Maybe he is a race team rider and has no use for them. Team riders sell off new stuff all the time.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:50 pm

downunder wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:59 am

Ignore the troll. He hates the soul but doesn’t know why lol

juanpasala
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Calima
Favorite Beaches: Calima
San Andres
Cabo de la Vela
Style: Freeride / Foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot 10 / Soul 10 / Sonic 3 11-15
Crazyfly Raptor LTD / Cogua - Levitaz Bionic

Postby juanpasala » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:08 pm

downunder wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:32 am
Jzh_perth wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:44 am

Hi James,

how is it going?

Umm, yes, and it's not ridiculous, it's happening on Paragliders which must be pretty airtight for obvious reasons.

Yes, and I wash all my quiver every now and than. What salt does is way more than fresh water discoloration (and my quiver is perfectly dried).

@Foil,

here:
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 8-230-9433
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 3-230-9433

Not hard to find really....

The guy clearlly says that he loved the kites but is getting rid of them with a tear in his eye, as the wind season is finished.

Personally, just recieved my 12 yesterday. Never flown a foil kite before, I will let you guys know how it goes.

Kitehume
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 65kg
Local Beach: Lake Hume, Australia.
Favorite Beaches: Corona Beach
Isolation Bay
Gear: Oceanrodeo Rise Aluula 12m
Oceanrodeo Roam Aluula 10m
Oceanrodeo Roam Aluula 7m
Oceanrodeo flite 10m
Ocean rodeo flite 14.5m