Peter Lynn Charger 3

For all foil kite riders
jannik
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Peter Lynn Charger 3

Postby jannik » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:29 am

Hi,

Back in October last year PL launced the Charger V3 together with a teaser video which passed completely under the radar here and around the web. Since then there has been absolutely no news, videos or anything from PL - I don't think they intend to sell this kite...

Does anyone know anything about it?

http://youtu.be/c-4U4aCtbic

br,
Jannik

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Re: Peter Lynn Charger 3

Postby kiterocky » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:44 am

Woooowww a game changer :jump: :jump:

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:21 pm

If they could make 10m arc with the performance of a 2010 9m lei I'd get at least one.

Never a good sign when they shoot it doing nothing and still use slo-mo.

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Rough and tumble
Gear: Ram air and single skin Foil kites. Long skis to truck, short skis to huck.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Flysurfer. Ozone, HQ kites and Gin kites.

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:19 pm

Essentially a Charger 2 with lighter materials. Not much has been said likely due to fading interest in Arc designs.

There was an arc that matched LEI perfomance. The Charger 1. But it was too much performance for most arc fans and the production issues just made a lot of people walk away.

IMO.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:45 pm

Lets not get carried away! There are a couple first gen chargers here in town. They only see the light of day on snow now. Once their owners bought a few lei's their cold fate was sealed.

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Arcsrule » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:02 pm

still flying charger one's :)

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:39 pm

jannik wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:29 am
... the Charger V3 together with a teaser video which passed completely under the radar here and around the web. Since then there has been absolutely no news, videos or anything from PL - I don't think they intend to sell this kite...

Does anyone know anything about it?
Not too much, but Peter Lynn has done a lot for the sport and arc design was a great concept at its time which was the early beginning of this century.

As far I know today Peter Lynn has nearly nothing to do with the sold brand name, as far I know towards guys in Netherlands.
This is what Peter Lynn continues to design nowadays: http://www.peterlynnkites.com/ flying animals not just by kite names :wink:
But I would expect also the new Peter Lynn team does a good job.

But the Charger I think is just something about nostalgical Feelings. The Basic design itself just got's some physical limits. I also like to ride kites from the last century, but would not expect much more from them than what you see on the video: Pulling hard leewards and riding straight. :wink:

still flying windtools mosquito one's :D

mgs
Frequent Poster
Style: Skimboarding, flat water & small waves
Gear: Ozone Chrono 18m (V1)
Ozone R1 15m (V1)
Ozone Chrono 12m (V1)
Peter Lynn Nova 10m (V1)
Peter Lynn Nova 8m (V2)
Zap ACE - Skimboard
DB Sandfish - Skimboard
DIY Kite Parts - Many sewing machines :-)

Postby mgs » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Horst Sergio – Great to see that Windtools Mosquito KS version, they had a pump up tube that was inserted into the leading if memory serves.
I use to have Mosquito Pro’s for land based kiting as well as the Peel kite from Peter Lynn.

kitejumping
Medium Poster
Gear: Peter Lynn and Flysurfer kites

Postby kitejumping » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:25 am

I have a few of them, it's the kite I fly when the conditions are gusty and nuking. I'll take my 22m out when I'd be too overpowered on a 14m aero during gusts. They handle gusts exceptionally well (don't have to worry about getting lofted as much), and drift downwind better than your race kites like the Aero or Sonics, I could see them making good wave kites. It's also the kite I use messing around riding suicide into snow kickers unhooked for handle passes, it's much easier to fly than a race kite.

I haven't used it on water as ocean conditions are usually smooth enough wind where I go for a race kite instead. If anyone on here is going to be at IBX next week Tuesday or Wednesday and the winds are good you can try mine, as I'm planning on bringing a few sizes.

As far as hangtime / boosting, you're better off on a race kite as they have way more lift and less grunt, but race kites are also much harder to fly. The charger 3 auto zenith still works awesome and they are fun kites to fly. They also have more bar pressure when steering than a kite like the aero. The Charger v3 is the kite I always reach for when riding in poor conditions, a few weeks ago, I rode directly through a snownado with my 15m, that same day someone out learning on a small trainer kite got lifted and injured. The chargers really shine when the winds pick way up, and you can go out with a much bigger charger in these conditions than you might expect. Another advantage in high winds is when you pull the safety you don't end up with a mess of bridles to untangle. If anyone is in Colorado in winter and wants to try them out feel free to PM me. :thumb:

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:05 am

A bridle foil with autozenith how lovely that would be, but there is none :-(.

Return to “Foil Kites”