Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: The Monastery - a foolholio and kit expert adventure

Postby foilholio » Mon May 07, 2018 6:45 am

kit expert wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 7:28 pm
foilholio wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 3:51 am
LOL still can't understand triple depower can you :-)
:D Funny because I explained it to you earlier. Wasn't it one third of it was a bit difficult to you?
Explaining it wrong doesn't count.

kit expert wrote:
:lol: There is no special advantage to have a 16 cells
That you are aware of, but Mr Benoit is and maybe I.

kit expert wrote:
If only I had some clear pictures of these kites I could publish here in 15 minutes from that moment an improved bridle
No because with your deproved bridle then the PA change wouldn't work. See what you just wrote is more proof you don't understand how triple depower works.
kit expert wrote:
(actually I already did, or does someone disagree design above is more sophisticated (cleaner, lower drag etc) than original Smart bridle?), with nice clean look and 20-30%, even 50% less line drag. But if kite has clumsy cell count or stupid line attachment points (like some Pansh kites) there is limited possibilities to improve them easily.
Obsessing over miniscule cm2 frontal area improvements from reducing bridles while ignoring massive m2 frontal area because of poor airfoil selection from fundamentally flawed basis of understanding with regards to aerodynamics and most likely many other things is well , stupid. You must admit now you used to design inflatables, where your obsessing over the use of fat tubes because of the delusional belief of some aerodynamic benefit and perhaps homoerotic tendacies, got you to lose your job because your crap designs stopped selling when other designers with a slight clue entered the business and making kites with thin tubes , which is best well to put it bluntly there is not aerodynamic benefits to a fat anything lest be it a tube.

Oh and Pansh line attachments are just fine. 😃

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: The Monastery - a foolholio and kit expert adventure

Postby foilholio » Mon May 07, 2018 1:29 pm

kit expert wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:50 am
BS. 4 knots is only possible on ice or on very hard icy snow. Then kiting is slow struggle and kiter usually drags downwind or perhaps just keeps his ground. Looping kite always pulls downwind. No kite pulls hydrofoiler on a wing in 4 knots. 6-8 knots is possible, if kiter is light weight one and has good technique and right equipment.
4knots has been done too many times on water to deny, in fact even lower wind has been achieved. Concrete is also a nice surface for light wind. Hydrofoil is not a must for lightwind, but a must to get good upwind.

kit expert wrote:
:D Only in foilolio's tweaking dreams. Perhaps it was possible to add even more camber and nearly double the lift again :lol:
It is not possible to quadruple the "maximum lift" unless you are talking about AoA changes as well.
kit expert wrote:
No kite suitable for traction use flies in 1-2knots.
Completely wrong as usual... most good to best lightwind foil kites can be actively flown in 1-2knots especially with hot air balloon effect.

kit expert wrote:
Good luck launching a kite from that "speed" :lol:
Launching is completely different to flying, the wind at ground level in 1-2knots is nearly nothing. Usually some walking or running is needed to aid inflation and launch. Water relaunch is nearly impractical. Having said that the easiest kites to launch in the least wind are single skins, inflation is instantaneous.
kit expert wrote:
I know these single skin kites because I own them, I've designed and fabricated them as well.
Apparently you don't know them that well, I would guess you are lying.

Return to “Foil Kites”