Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone and Flysurfer fanboys, tell me why...

For all foil kite riders
Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Re: Ozone and Flysurfer fanboys, tell me why...

Postby Mossy 757 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Bro...1) calm down, I am a Flysurfer fanboy through and through. 2) It's undeniable that the R1V2 was along before the Sonic Race and that it's a winning kite. I didn't say the Sonic Race was built off it, in fact I made a careful point to make sure it was clear that's NOT what I was saying. 3) I know the Sonic2 isn't their premier race kite, but until the Sonic Race was available for sale on their site, it's not fair to compare prototypes to the production kite Ozone was making and selling retail.

As far as the R1V3, I don't have any firsthand information upon which to make an informed statement, other than to say that if it wasn't a LOT better than the R1V2, they would have pissed off a lot of people trying to get them to replace their quivers for essentially an equally performative kite. I think it was smart of them to just leave the R1V2 alone and wait until there's more of an update to release a V3.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here, if you're just trolling like Pump Me Up to get people to defend their brand of choice, congrats. If you wanted an insightful discussion of pros and cons, fail.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed May 16, 2018 7:56 pm

Nah my point is to understand why there’s even a discussion on why someone would pick Ozone over Flysurfer when it comes to foil choices. I kinda see Flysurfer like Apple and Ozone like Samsung. Ozone seems to come out with stuff earlier but a lot less refined why Flysurfer takes their time and comes out with something that works quite well. Not that they don’t have their faults. Their bars still suck, the Unity which has so much potential but it’s insane bridle and weight gave it such a small windrange(thanks Gunnar) and things like the internal straps breaking on their lotus kites which I hope doesn’t become a problem with the Spuls but really there is no good reason to choose Ozone over Flysurfer until Ozone bumps up with game and lower their prices. I think opening some more Flysurfer dealers would be a great help as well. Well I’m out of Beer and according to my tracking number my Soul 15 is still far away so I guess I’ll call it a night.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Wed May 16, 2018 8:20 pm

How did I miss this thread?
Let's face it. Both brands are awesome. You cant go wrong with either. Each brand has slightly different specs and feel which make them feel slightly different.

Pick the brand which I'd s best supported at your location or can get the best price on or which one you enjoy to fly the most.

Either way any modern fs or O will be awesome unless it's faulty/worn out damaged.

foilonfoil
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shore, CA / Hood River, OR
Favorite Beaches: Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA / Benicia, CA / Sail Bay, San Diego, CA / Hermosa Beach, CA
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic Race, Core Section V1's, MikesLab Foil, Camet Boards.
Has thanked: 0

Postby foilonfoil » Wed May 16, 2018 9:18 pm

plummet wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:20 pm
How did I miss this thread?
Let's face it. Both brands are awesome. You cant go wrong with either. Each brand has slightly different specs and feel which make them feel slightly different.

Pick the brand which I'd s best supported at your location or can get the best price on or which one you enjoy to fly the most.

Either way any modern fs or O will be awesome unless it's faulty/worn out damaged.
I agree with this. Local support has much to do with it.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Wed May 16, 2018 9:38 pm

This is a bit like guys driving a Ferrari laughing at guys driving a Lambo :')

windrider1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: FLYSURFER, HQ KITES, OZONE KITES

Postby windrider1 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:55 pm

While they are both great kites flysurfer is a higher performing kite . Like previous posters said they take their time and bring out a kite that’s actually better than the previous version where as ozone seems to put out whatever they can just to have something new out there every year. And bye the way I didn’t appreciate the R1 mushy spongy feel at the bar and the hyperlinks non eagerness to go Upwind. lol :lol:
Last edited by windrider1 on Thu May 17, 2018 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm

Postby andylc » Wed May 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Ridiculous argument trying to say which of two great brands are 'better'. Also stupid to claim Ozone bring new kites out just for the sake of it when they recently cancelled bringing out a new kite on the basis that it wasn't as good as they had hoped. Both are great brands and I fly both. For the record though in the Soul I think Flysurfer have the best foil kite on the market for most normal riders. I couldn't really care less whether the R1V2 or Sonic Race are better at winning world cup races - this is hardly relevant to the vast majority of us.

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Thu May 17, 2018 12:00 am

foilonfoil
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Belmont Shore, CA / Hood River, OR
Favorite Beaches: Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA / Benicia, CA / Sail Bay, San Diego, CA / Hermosa Beach, CA
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic Race, Core Section V1's, MikesLab Foil, Camet Boards.
Has thanked: 0

Postby foilonfoil » Thu May 17, 2018 1:43 am

Mossy 757 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:27 pm
I think it was smart of them to just leave the R1V2 alone and wait until there's more of an update to release a V3.
They registered/released the R1V3... Its listed on the Formula Kite approved list. Since they cannot change the kite and re-release with the same name, next version will be an R1V4 or whatever.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu May 17, 2018 4:41 am

WH Lithuania wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:12 pm
Kamikuza wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:31 pm
WH Lithuania wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:06 am
Funny guy. You can start by checking what rides world champion and that pretty much should tell you why racers are still buying R1V2 that was released in 2016. How many flysurfers released since then? And still inferior to old R1V2.
So what you're saying is, *I* could get out there on an R1 and win because the gear is so good that rider skill is irrelevant?

Yes, that's pretty much the Ozone argument. Guess Terry/Steve has been writing your speeches. :roll:
No, there is no kite that would make me world champion. However, I state the fact that Ozone produces such great kites that even world champion chooses it to win.
Oh is that how sponsorship works :lol:

Return to “Foil Kites”