Ozone Chrono V2's
Fone Mitu
North Neo's
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pansh Aeolus

Postby Nash556 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:58 pm

Has anyone got any feedback from using one? Thinking about getting a 15m.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Re: Pansh Aeolus

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sun May 27, 2018 8:04 pm

Be carreful with Aeolus since the high fabrication tolerances of pansh (Irregular production overall) has more impact on stability on a high AR like Aeolus. If you are not prepared to briddle setting you better go to an Aurora or a15.

Nem0
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rectalcity
Favorite Beaches: Hörnum on the island Sylt (West- and Eastcoast)
Gear: 18m Sonic3 + 12m Soul2 + 8m Sonic4 + 133x42 ZERO-G + Spleene CarbonPro Monsterdoor

Postby Nem0 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:13 pm

Befor you buy a Pansh you should ask yourself if you are an expert to trim your kite.

If you don't want to buy a used Flysurfer or Ozone have a look at Conceptair Pulsion or HQ Matrixx!

Nash556
Rare Poster
Local Beach: South coast UK
Gear: Moses Fluente
Ozone Chrono V2's
Fone Mitu
North Neo's
Been thanked: 0

Postby Nash556 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:18 pm

Oh that doesn't sound to positive. So stay clear unless you are a foil kite bridle ninja which I am not! Thanks for the heads up.

Peert
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, IJmuiden, Schellinkhout, Wijk aan Zee, Marina, Mirns.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Best Roca 4m, Naish Boxer 6 and 9m, GA Pure 8m Naish Trip 10m, Gong strutless 11m Modded Waroo 14m.
Mako 135x38 Mako 140x40 & Mako King 165x45, Crazyfly Bulldozer, T40 Moses Vorace Hydrofoil + Gong Wings

Postby Peert » Sun May 27, 2018 9:08 pm

Nem0 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 8:13 pm
Befor you buy a Pansh you should ask yourself if you are an expert to trim your kite.

If you don't want to buy a used Flysurfer or Ozone have a look at Conceptair Pulsion or HQ Matrixx!
or kitech free rs
Recently tried one. Way nicer than the Pansh A15 I owned (both 12m).

oldkiter
Frequent Poster

Postby oldkiter » Sun May 27, 2018 9:10 pm

My review of Aurora 2 in 15m.

I bought the Aurora II in 15m since my last posting.

Got it because of price, thought it could be lower wind kite, and because wind has been too pitiful to fly the 10m.

Finally had opportunity to go out in about 10-16mph. Ocean but inside breakwater so not much wave action. Almost straight on shore wind.

For those considering the 15m, be happy, don't worry! I had completely over read and over thought this kite and foil kites! It was awesome!!

I used kite right out of bag. I had changed the Pansh bar to 20m lines ( Pansh 25m are equal lengths too). I also removed the 2 pigtails on depower line just below the connection for front lines. This made lines about even when bar powered and pulled to CL. I still pulled some depower prior to launching and on water(bar flew about 3" from CL).

Did slow downwind launch. Perfect! Used my larger 145cm TT, I weigh 165lbs (75kg?). Started at about 12mph and building to about 16mph. Just a very easy kite to use! Never over or under powered! Turns a bit slower but didn't spread hands apart. Didn't try looping kite. The drift is incredible! Did S-turns on some runs into beach, almost downwind, and kite just sits above waiting for input to go other direction! Also, kite seems to point higher than my higher aspect LEIs!

When I came in younger friends said it looked like I was riding any of my regular LEIs. Rider for another foil brand also stated that he is familiar with the Aurora and thinks it's a good first foil kite.

Anyway, I'm obviously very happy with the purchases and looking forward to more use and higher winds for the 10m.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Sun May 27, 2018 9:29 pm

As I said I agree with you on the Aurora. Only limited risk to be disapointed even new to foilkites. But i would not say the same for aeolus. Only one example in France and the guy had to tune bridles. That is "normal" : high aspect ratio are more sensitive and need an accurate setting out of factory.

Kitech frs, very good kite as well wrt the price. Pulsion unbeatable in really low wind... but they are not in the same "Segment" (freeride) as Aeolus (Race).

kostantin
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sahlenburg
Favorite Beaches: Beauduc
Gear: Switch, PANSH, Fisch Kiteboards

Postby kostantin » Mon May 28, 2018 9:02 am

Hi,

get yourself an Aurora². Flies out of the bag. If you use 5th line, read what Pansh is stating about the line lenght of the 5th line.

tks

Kosta

oldkiter
Frequent Poster

Postby oldkiter » Mon May 28, 2018 5:06 pm

Forgot to also stated that I changed Pansh bar to single front line safety release! And changed CL to one with swivel. Thanks.

Return to “Foil Kites”