Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses T40 board - replace the board foil connection from bolt through system to screw in?

Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
omg
Very Frequent Poster

Moses T40 board - replace the board foil connection from bolt through system to screw in?

Postby omg » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:34 pm

So, I have T40 and otherwise it's nice, BUT it has this annoying system for attaching the foil to the board; first you need to insert the bolt from the top side of the board through the board and then somehow hold the foil in place and then screw in the nut on the bottom side of the foil to the bolt. It's pain in the a$$ to line up everything to get the foil connected to the board. Therefore, I was thinking if it would be possible to drill the holes of the board a bit bigger and put in & epoxy the hexagon connection nuts for each of the four holes, so then you would only need to place the foil over the board and just screw in the bolt from the bottom of the board. Very simple.

The question is, if the board's current holes can be safely drilled to bigger to get the hexagon connection nut in place and if there are any downsides of this operation?

This is what I mean:

Wielandt
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Holten
Farø
Style: HF,
Gear: Naish Draft, Cabrinha Apollo, Airush Ultra, Storm Voyager, Gong strutless
LFSolo
Moses HF.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Moses T40 board - replace the board foil connection from bolt through system to screw in?

Postby Wielandt » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:52 pm

Got the same setup myself. When I connect foil and board I use three smal screwdrivers and put them through board and foil. Then it's all lined up and no problem attaching the first bolt. Just a hint.....

baxterbradford
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth, UK
Gear: Foil, surfboard, twintip & 8-18m kites
Has thanked: 0

Re: Moses T40 board - replace the board foil connection from bolt through system to screw in?

Postby baxterbradford » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:37 pm

Interesting idea. I've got much quicker at assembling with the supplied fittings. Found lying board & foil on its side works best. I do first one, rotating the capped nut fitting, then others by waiting for click as screw engages. I do them just hand tight. Then once all done, I use Allen key.
Whilst having my board out drying today I noticed in strong sunshine the stringers and plugs around the mounting holes were visible. You might be able to measure the diameter and then decide if the inserts you've found will fit with sufficient material around the outside. No idea what the plug is made from. If you could produce a hexagonal hole as exact fit, then it'd be much stronger.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:54 pm

I've keep the strut attached to the board and remove fuselage and wings as a unit. 2 screws.
You need a station wagon.

Return to “Gear Builders”