First foilboard mod

Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
foam-n-fibre
Frequent Poster
Gear: DIY boards and OR kites
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: First foilboard mod

Postby foam-n-fibre » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:42 am

As for the Chinook boxes, I can tell you from windsurfer building that they are the strongest boxes. Other fin boxes generally are much weaker. If you head over to a SUP building forum you will see guys telling people to ditch the flimsy other surf brands and use the Chinook boxes. If you have any failure on your job, it won't be in the actual Chinook boxes unless you build it really tough and hit something really hard!

BTW, for those not familiar with the word, it is pronounced like it starts with SH, and not CH
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinook_wind

Peter

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Boards: Alkita boards
Zeeko Slash/AirWave/Scrambler
Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Postby bragnouff » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:40 pm

tmcfarla wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:50 am
(...)
I did not like the holes there when using the board without the foil, water would splash through the holes while riding, which is a lot more annoying than it sounds.
I've suffered from that problem, very annoying indeed! But there's an easy fix. Put some tape on the bottom, from the top drip wax from a candle to fill the holes. Once dry/cold, remove the tape. When you want to use your holes again, push the candle wax away with a screw or something.

tmcfarla
Frequent Poster

Postby tmcfarla » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:48 pm

bragnouff wrote: [quote=tmcfarla post_id=<a href="tel:1003314">1003314</a> time=<a href="tel:1516513816">1516513816</a> user_id=14173]
(...)
I did not like the holes there when using the board without the foil, water would splash through the holes while riding, which is a lot more annoying than it sounds.
I've suffered from that problem, very annoying indeed! But there's an easy fix. Put some tape on the bottom, from the top drip wax from a candle to fill the holes. Once dry/cold, remove the tape. When you want to use your holes again, push the candle wax away with a screw or something.
[/quote]

Good idea. Maybe I’ll re-drill my surfboard. It is convenient for traveling

Return to “Gear Builders”