All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:58 pm 
Thanks for the info I was bidding on one of his Slingshot kites but yea

Post subject: Charles Werb is under investigation by the authorities
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:26 pm 
Rare Poster

I'm always on the lookout for gear online but now I'll be very cautious. Anyway, this story is getting bigger and we should be careful as the allegations must be proved by the correct authorities. There are a few people who say they're owed money/gear and now the TV program "Today Tonight" are apparently on to him.
Check out: http://b3.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?&user=ge11er

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:25 am 
Rare Poster

I'm surprised that this guy hasn't given up. I bought a kite and board package from Charles about 18months ago. I actually called him to confirm colours and discuss what size I should go for. He was so friendly and helpful I felt fairly confident when bidding (despite no feedback - he was just starting out). Well, I won the auction and appeared to be getting a very good deal. But a couple months after payment and I still hadn't received anything.

In the end after all nicities had dried up and legal action had been threatened I received the kite and board.

Kite was OK. It was set up wrong and only two strut valves actually worked properly. But passable for the price.

The board was made just like a surf board and had one corner smashed in. It also didn't have straps despite claims that the package was complete ready to use. I arranged with Charles to return it, but the couriers never showed up. In the end I demanded money back for the board which after 2months I finally received. His couriers never came for the board.

It was amazing the enless series of excuses to hand, but he was always polite (really talked your ear off too).

Given my experience with XTC I would keep clear. Others who were buying on ebay at the same time as me also seemed to be having problems. It doesn't sound like he has managed to get his act together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:05 am 
Rare Poster

Hi
An update on Charles Werb.
Those of you who read Seabreeze & Brandxkites will know that Charles Werb/ Repetextc/werbos/ Linkstone Pty Ltd/ XTC Kites is bankrupt for the second time for about $1 million.
The computer fraud squad is trying to contact everyone who paid for goods on Ebay & did not receive anything. He owes goods &/or money not just to people in Australia but around the world, for example UK, USA, Israel, Canada, France,etc,etc.
If you are one of his victims, please contact me. Do not be put off by his smooth manner, that is how he winds in his victims. Some people are owed as much as $175000!!!

Post subject: xtc
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:49 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi Wingkite

Are you suggesting there is a link between Sinokite/ XTC/Repetextc & Charles Werb? If there is, please tell!!

Just for info Werb's bankruptcy should finish in November & I've no doubt he will be into some new scam, if he has not started already.

Buyer beware!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:01 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

wingkite is a spam bot...now deleted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:05 am 
Rare Poster

Hi Toby

Have you had any updates on Werb?

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2