All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kite waist harness w/ spreader bar wanted
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:33 am 
Rare Poster

Have been using my old rock climbing harness but am finding that to be a slight pain in the butt (sometimes literally). Anyways, I'm looking for something used, affordable and in decent shape that would comfortably fit a 34" waist ( also that waist will occassionally have a winter jacket on it, sweaters, etc. so I'm probably looking to fit a 34-35" or so). The spreader bar would be an added bonus, but I figure I can always pick a new one up for relatively low cost if it comes down to it.
Thanks!

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Harness for you...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:36 pm 
Rare Poster

I've got the harness you want. I deal overstocked items 1-2 yrs old and have several New Wipika waist harnesses available. You waist size fits a large well. I use the same harness in a medium with a 31" waist. If you're still looking let me know and I'll send you pics. Thanks.

Mike Hourihan
Leading Edge Kite School
Boston, MA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:19 am 
Rare Poster

Mike.. I bought a harness already but kinda screwed up. It's a Dakine Thermofoam brand new, size large that has never been used cause I bought it based on the sizing their website said and got it here only to find out that either I have to loose weight, wear it like a gurdel or sell it and get something else. If you could send me the pics that would be cool though. As soon as I let this other one go I'll be back in the market again. How much are you asking for the ones you have?
You can send the pics to my email.. piyip6@yahoo.com
Thanks!~Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:02 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

code wrote:
Mike.. I bought a harness already but kinda screwed up. It's a Dakine Thermofoam brand new, size large that has never been used...

Joe - also make sure you get yourself a kite harness. The Thermofoam looks like a windsurf harness. They are designed for different forces and force directions. To add to it, the spreader bars used to be different as well (kite harnesses made of steel vs. allum due to higher forces).

[ 4 posts ]