Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Rhombus Firebee 3 or PKD Buster 3??

Forum for snow- and landkiters
kite chump
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Jumping kites

Postby kite chump » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:19 am

I have flown the C-quads kitesurfing and can attest to their strength, they are a fast kite and in the right winds can deliver a quick high jump.
I don't know that I would dare leave the ground if I was on a Bee or PKD, take a good look at the bridle attachments first, they are just knotted in, not sewn, and then keep your fingers that they stay attached while jumping.
I'd go with the C-quad for a better all-around kite.

.:TheBeest:.
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby .:TheBeest:. » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:46 pm

the bridles are strong, and wont break on you, trust me i have been jumpoing with the kite for a good year and they havnt broken yet.

Gamelord
Medium Poster

Postby Gamelord » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:09 am

I don't recommend jumping with a C-Quad. It can have good lift but you will need to be in the upper wind range to use it (guess that is true with most kites too). The down fall (he he) is that you can drop pretty quickly on the C-quad if you don't keep it moving and powered up during the jump. Power-per-size, there isn't anything on the market that matches the C-quad (to my knowledge). If you are looking for big air, I would suggest looking into the Ozone Frenzy/Samurai, Peter Lynn Bomba/Guerilla 2/Phantom, or the Blade. They will give you the best lift and hang time. Just my opinion :wink:

farmer

Postby farmer » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:14 pm

Can you use a 4 line bar set up (with depowering control) on the rhombus - do you loose alot of control from the kite?

Gamelord
Medium Poster

Postby Gamelord » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:40 am

You can use most 4 line bars on most 4 line kites in place of hanles with very little problems. You do lose a lot of the control as compared to handles. The added benefit is easier control with one hand which is great for ground boarding or kite surfing and it also makes it easier on your arms/shoulders to ride for longer distances. I have found it a little uncomfortable in a buggy unless you have a fairly short bar and don't have to sheet the kite in and out a lot to keep the power in it. If you use a bar make sure you have a good safety release system in place with a proper leash that will kill as much of the power in the kite as possible. With a most foil kites attaching the leash to the lower lines (brake lines) will usually depower the kite in the event you need to dump the bar. Check with your local shop and or local riders to see what will be the best way to convert your handles over. :thumb:

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:22 pm

.:TheBeest:. wrote:The power rings do make a huge difference, they are easy to make, give you greater lift, manouverability and speed. in lower winds they are a must but they make the kite luff more. And In higher winds the rings may bend...
but its a great budget kite.
Aloha,
Can someone please explain for a newbie what "power rings" is and what they do?

Thanks

mx5alan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mx5alan » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:32 pm

Anonymous wrote:
.:TheBeest:. wrote:The power rings do make a huge difference, they are easy to make, give you greater lift, manouverability and speed. in lower winds they are a must but they make the kite luff more. And In higher winds the rings may bend...
but its a great budget kite.
Aloha,
Can someone please explain for a newbie what "power rings" is and what they do?

Thanks
Power Rings are very short lines which connect between the front and back lines (one each side by the bridle attachment points) The ring allows the brake line to move, but helps to keep the back lines tight and stops the kite from loosing too much of its shape in the turns.

:D

Return to “Snow / Land”