Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New To Kites

Forum for snow- and landkiters
shinglepro
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby shinglepro » Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:24 am

I am close to making my very first kite purchase. I am considering a B-2 or B-3. I want to be able to learn to fly the kite and maybe beable to snowboard behind the kite this winter. I have no kite experience. Should I get the B-2 or B-3? I weigh about 210 lbs. I have plenty of boarding experience. Will the B-3 be too much for someone who has never flown a kite? or should I get the B-2 but then have to buy the something bigger right away. Thanks for your help in advance.

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Sun Sep 15, 2002 4:03 pm

If you're 210 lbs, I would say for your bodyweight the B4 or B5 would probably serve better, but you never mentioned what windspeeds you'd go out it.

We train on the B2s and noticed that unless there's high winds, they tend to fold a lot. But, when there's good wind, they steer too fast.

B3 is a better choice for training, in my opinion. And someone as large as you will need a good kite to snowboard. I am 190 and use a 6.3m as my smallest kite. (but I'm a bit more experienced). The 6.3 is a Peter Lynn ARC that I use on land (its a foil, too).

The B5 will give roughly the same pull as this kite, but you weigh more than I. The B3 would be too small, unless its 25-30 kts.

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

Return to “Snow / Land”