All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Flysurfer in Canada
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:40 pm 
Rare Poster

Just thought I would drop a quick note to anyone looking for the new flysurfer Voodoos, Spirits or Titans in Canada. Kiteboarding Canada the canadian distr. has been working hard to get as many voodoos and spirits into canada as the demand has been far outweighing the supply so far. We currently have a few sizes in the spirit and voodoo and most sizes available in the titan and expect more voodoos to arrive next week. Having tried the older flysurfers (phsyco, maniac), ozone frenzy and a number of inflatables (I currently primarily ride a 2003 15.5 airush lift) including airush, slingshot and north the new flysurfer kites are hands down the best for winter use (looks like they will be awesome on water as well just don't have any to try it out). The new voodoos are super fast and stable and have tremendous range. The best part for winter is ease of use. No frozen bladders to deal with and pump up, no lines to connect, no worries of trying to set up a fifth line so you can relaunch. Just roll it out unroll your lines and away you go. We have a few inflatable customers who have purchased 15.5 titans for winter use and after using them a few times their inflatables went up for sale (16m north rhinoII). They felt jumping and tricks were easier to learn, relaunching was easier, and more wind range.

For those of you interested in Spirits vs. Voodoos we have tried both and both perform very well. The spirit is a bit heavier so it takes an extra km or two to make it fly. It's difficult to tell the difference between the carbon and aluminum bar. I would tend to look toward the spirits in the smaller sizes, for beginners/intermediates and the voodoos in the larger sizes.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a note at wind@potters.ab.ca or give us a call at 780-421-1575.

Andreas Dahle
Potters Surf Shop
Edmonton Alberta Canada
http://www.potters.ab.ca

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 [ 1 post ]