All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kite Skiing in Chamonix
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:15 pm 
Rare Poster

I recently got an Ozone Frenzy kite and have started using it up on the glaciers around Chamonix. Here is a picture that a friend took up on the Col du Midi (3532m)
I also did a tour up the Argentiere glacier a few days ago using the kite covering about 6.5k and climbing from 2550m to 3140m (Full Story)
Its a lot better than the 1.5m2 Decathlon kite that I started on back in September

I am looking for people to go kite skiing with as there are none here in Chamonix that I know of

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Kite Skiing in Chamonix
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:56 am 
Very Frequent Poster

flingle wrote:
I recently got an Ozone Frenzy kite and have started using it up on the glaciers around Chamonix. Here is a picture that a friend took up on the Col du Midi (3532m)
I also did a tour up the Argentiere glacier a few days ago using the kite covering about 6.5k and climbing from 2550m to 3140m (Full Story)
Its a lot better than the 1.5m2 Decathlon kite that I started on back in September

I am looking for people to go kite skiing with as there are none here in Chamonix that I know of

Sounds great! The image on the map looks like Vallée Blanche, was that where you were or another very large glacier? I never thought about snow kiteboarding on Vallée Blanche, it makes great sense and really beats many of the less wide open alternatives in the high alps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:33 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I'm in Chamonix from 24th to 31st January and thinking of bringing a kite with me. More than happy to meet up and with you if you'll be there.

I've got a 10m and 14m CO2 (with Recon) but I think they're a bit bulky to bring on the off-chance of doing some snowkiting. My 4.9m Blade II might just have to do. Far easier to pack.

I've dropped you an email too.

Fred

[ 3 posts ]