tremblant, canada

forum for snow- and landkiters

mkratty
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

tremblant, canada

Postby mkratty » Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:47 pm

anyone know what snow kiting is like in tremblant ,canada is like as ive booked to go next year and im excited already . ive got a 03 9.5 frenzy and a3.0 ld at the mo. and looking for any lessons or other snow kiters in the area .im into kite land boarding and want to spread my wings into the world of snowkiting
any help and im at your mercy
regards
mkratty
Last edited by mkratty on Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinchenzo

Tremblant

Postby vinchenzo » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:24 am

There is a lake right in the heart of Tremblant. I was there last feb and saw two foil kiters on short lines ride most of the day. I was impressed to say the least cause it was about minus 35 cel, and I ended up with severe frostbite on my face. Make sure you have proper winter outerwear if you plan on kiting or riding at the resort.

mkratty
Rare Poster

Postby mkratty » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:26 pm

ye thanks for tips on weather i now know how cold it gets from talking on the forums deffo getting a face mask.if i can get out on the lake that would be great.i had a go on a home make deck in the uk this winter and it was fun but i had trouble getting an edge on the board . really good fun tho.
should get a lot more flying over the summer on the atb so will be up for the snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stormboarding
Frequent Poster

Postby stormboarding » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:31 pm

Hello. We are around a 2 hour drive from that area and have snowkite lessons (also using the Ozone Frenzy), wide open space and a bunch of riders. What time of year will you be there?

Have fun on the mountainboard.

Think breeze,

rzm

mkratty
Rare Poster

Postby mkratty » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:37 pm

i will be in tremblant at the end of january05 while im there i might be able to get across to you stormboarding !!!
i will look you up again closer to the date
the frenzys on your site for sale ex demo's are they 03 or 04 models ?

stormboarding
Frequent Poster

Postby stormboarding » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:16 pm

That will be a great time to do some riding in Vermont. Keep in touch, it will be easy to just head south to us.

The Frenzy kites are all 2004 and in excellent shape.

rzm

Airtime
Frequent Poster

Postby Airtime » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:51 am

My family and I were there the third week in March.. There wasn't a lot of snow the first four days that we were there, so I couldn't get any Kiteboarding in on the lake, since the lake was glare ice. On the last day it snowed about three inches… so we were able to get out on the lake in the morning for a few hours… it was 50 k winds gusting to 60.. I was on a 7.5 m Conceptair Freestyle (depower) and my 12 year old son was on a 3 m airrush foil . we had a lot of truble holding an edge that day.. (I guess that goes with the territory on lakes).

It's an absolutely gorgeous spot if the conditions are right..

If you're interested you can download this video.. If you look closely you can even see the the lifts in the background..

If you're looking for a great snow kites... with excellent depower capabilities and safety systems.. Check out ConceptAir.. they can deliver 1 within two days right to your hotel while you're here in Canada. fantastic pricing.. and excellent quality kites. http://www.conceptair.com/ (their local to the Quebec region..)

http://download.xdrive.com/s/111524090a ... rtner=plus

This video should give you a good idea of the conditions.. CheckOut the horizontal blowing snow....lol

Unfortunately you can not stream the video from this site… you must download it to your local hard drive and then play it from their.. If you try to open it directly from the site you'll get an error..

Have Fun
Airtime (Ontario Canada)
Last edited by Airtime on Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Airtime
Frequent Poster

Postby Airtime » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:08 am

stormboarding wrote:That will be a great time to do some riding in Vermont. Keep in touch, it will be easy to just head south to us.

The Frenzy kites are all 2004 and in excellent shape.

rzm
Please stay up here in Canada... we need those UK dollars.. no offense to our American cousins in Vermont.. (Stormboarding)

Airtime

mkratty
Rare Poster

Postby mkratty » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:24 pm

hey airtime i promise i wont spend all my money there...........lol............
like the video clip well kool i will definatly bring my kites how big is the lake as it does not show on the video?
looks ok for the frenzy but i might be a bit over powered at 50kph.

Airtime
Frequent Poster

Postby Airtime » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:20 pm

The lake is only about three or four kilometers long.. and about a kilometer wide.. what you're seeing in the video is the end of the lake...and an island.. if you move farther down the lake it's much wider....still there's plenty of room. the winds very greatly in that area.. however the average is probably around 20 kilometers an hour.. so you shouldn't have any trouble with your 9.5 ozone.. I believe the day I was out was unusual... as other people have mentioned in this thread.. there's generally other borders out on the lake most of the time...there always friendly, and will be more than happy to answer any questions about locations in the surrounding areas.. sometimes but very seldom language may be an issue.. mostly everyone you'll meet from the region are bilingual... if not... smile... hand them money... and say Marci.. the language issue goes away... lol

and Hey... if there's no wind.... you can always ski or board the hill .. it's one of the best ski hills in eastern Canada.. IntraWest did a hell of a job making it a great facility over the last few years! (dam.. I feel like I should be on the Quebec tourism sales team... lol)

all kidding aside... it's one of my favorite winter vacation spots. I look forward to going there every year

Return to “Snow / Land”