All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:42 pm 
Medium Poster

Thank you for the advice. It's too late to change the decision, as my kite should be here tomorrow. I've only had a kite for about 2 months, and it's a 3 meter, which has worked on very windy days. Based on this, I'm hoping the 7 is good, but if not, I'm sure I can figure out a way to change it up.

30 knots is a lot of wind for a 9.5 meter kite! At my level that sounds scary, but we'll see what happens once I have the 7.3.

I'll let you know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:01 pm 
Frequent Poster

It's great that you want to start smaller as a beginner! Safety first! Always, POINT!

You can always add a 12m in the future for the low wind conditions. 12m and 7.3 is usually the best combo that covers a huge wind range.

For me, I usually decide which sizes I will use and from my experience it's 12 and 9.5. Smaller is too small for me.

But I ride for over 6 years (pretty crappy, but have the experience though).

No worries, you'll love the Frenzy 7.3

Robin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:59 pm 
Medium Poster

Thanks! I'm having a blast with the whole snowkite thing, but I figured starting out smaller is better at my level. It was suggested I get the 9.5 as an all-around, but since I've never flown anything bigger than 3.2 meters, I figured I'd get the 7.3, and then I can get a 12 down the road.

I'm going for lessons at the end of next week, which should be a big help as well. She'll have all the Frenzies, so I'll try them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:12 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I will add my 2 cents. The 9.5 is my favorite Frenzy for jumping. The 7.3 will really rip you into the air, but you sometimes come down a bit hard. This doesn't happen on the 9.5, jumps are always nice and floaty. If you decide to buy a 12M, don't buy the 2003 model. It is a good kite, but it is a tad slow and you often land stalled on jumps. I haven't tried the 04 yet, but I have heard good things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:53 pm 
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Question for guys with Flysurfer Voodoo kites: I had been told that previous flysurfer kites flew "differently" than other kites, so a lot of people didn't like them. Is that still the case with the Voodoo, or does it handle like other kites?

No, the voodoo is very similar to a LEI in riding style, but with the 2 trim options you can trim it more LEI or more foil like. Try it out, it is really nice :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:11 am 
I bought Frenzy last year - especialy for winter....... now it stays in my garage while I am using infletables even in winter - because a dynamic of Frenzy is shit compearing to infletables

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2