All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Spinning Leash with Depowerable Foils
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:03 am 
Frequent Poster

For those of you flying depowerable 4 line foils like the Ozone Frenzy, i just want to pass along that the Naish Spinning Safety accessory works great with these types of kites.

it can be a real bitch to spin around when your strapped into a board and your in waist deep pow. the spinning leash enables you to get around that.

on my frenzy it was a piece of cake to retro, no hard mods needed, just larks head the leash to the rear line leader Y bridle and swap out the spreader bar.

your mileage may vary, but made my session yesterday much more enjoyable....

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:55 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Thanks for the tip. I have ordered a couple Naish UDS bars and I didn't realize that they would work well with my Ozone Frenzies. I retrofitted my Frenzies with longer leaders and a grab handle. This setup works, but I haven't been using a leash (my bad). I have been impressed with the Flysurfer spinning leash and power strap on the new Titan and Voodoo. I haven't tried that bar with my Frenzies yet, I imagine it would be a simple swap. Once again, thanks for the tip.

Post subject: huh?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:16 am 
Medium Poster

I thought the '04 Frenzys came with a spinnable leash. Am I mistaken?

Post subject: Leash-less Frenzy 04
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:47 am 
Very Frequent Poster

The Frenzy 04' control bar comes with a quick release that is located above the bar on the chicken loop line, just below the trim cleat. This system is for those of us that prefer to spin the bar and ride leash-less, it allows you to ride without a leash, as long as you are connected to the chicken loop. The release lets the front lines go, while keeping you connected to the brakes and the bar via the chicken loop. This releas allows you to have the safety of killing the kite while riding leash-less.

Windzup
Brian Schenck

Post subject: connecting leash for spinning bar.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:20 am 
Very Frequent Poster

If you want to fly your Frenzy with a safety leash, but want to be able to spin the bar? Here's the trick.

1st, disconnect the wrist attachment on the leash line.

2nd, disconnect the chicken loop.

3rd, Guide the safety bungy leash under the bar and thru the fixed harness line. (this keeps everything staight when brakes are pulled)

4th, Now you will lark's head (girth hitch) the bungy leash to the chicken loop. This is done by threading the leash thru the 'pin-release' loop and pulling about 3 inches thru. Now pass the chicken loop thru the extended 3 inches, pull tight, and now the leash line is firmly connected to the chicken loop.

5th, re-connect the chicken loop to the trim line as normal.

This allows one to be hooked into the chicken loop, and at any time when the chicken loop release is pulled the bar will fall away and the brakes are automatically pulled.

6th, add a spinning shackle ( one that will release under load of course) and you can spin your bar all day long all the while connected to a safety/brake line with multiple releases.

Windzup,
Brian Schenck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:05 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Hey Brian,

I appreciate the explanation on how to retrofit my bar. I just need to find my leashes.

Do you know who can repair an Ozone Foil in the UT area? I am not sure how I managed to tear my 12M. It has horizontal tears across the back of the leading edge. I think it may have occurred the other day when the kite was stuck in some bushes.

We need to do some riding together again this winter.

Best Regards,

Kenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:46 pm 
Rare Poster

Has anyone tried putting the 04 Frenzy bar setup on the 03 yet?

[ 7 posts ]