Brand Affiliation: None

Kiteny, Kopele...15-25 for Paupack-Sunday

Postby KiteVol » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:54 am

Things are looking good...15mph at 7am....19mph at 10am.....23mph at 3pm

KV :thumb:

kiteny
Medium Poster

Postby kiteny » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:47 am

Weather.com for zip 18428 shows 21 mph at noon, and rain followed by snow the night before, so the conditions should be great! I'm going to try to get up there by 10:00am.

Are you bringing any friends?

Directions: Get off 84 West at Exit 26, which is Route 390 Turn right onto 390 (follow sign for Lake Wallenpaupack). Take that to the end, where it intersects 507. Turn right on 507. After a few minutes, you'll see the lake on the your left, and park in the first public parking lot you see on the left. It's a small lot, and it's in the best spot on the lake for snowkiting! (this is how we went last time)

It also looks like it might be a bit quicker to get off 84 West at Exit 46 Westbound on US 6 West. Take that until you get to the lake, and turn left on 507. The parking area is just ahead on the right. I'm going to use this route Sunday.

If you have a GPS, the parking lot on the lake is at:
N41D26.512M Latitude; W75D10.661M Longitude.

See you there.

Seth[/list]

KiteVol
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby KiteVol » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:54 pm

My friend and I will see you at 10....Looking forward to it...

KV

KiteVol
Frequent Poster

Postby KiteVol » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:23 am

Great time today guys..It was great to see 6 kites in the air at the same time. :thumb: ..Hopefully, we can do it again real soon..

KV

ilivni
Rare Poster

Postby ilivni » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:40 am

great time!
If anybody from the NY area wants to go to the Kitefreeze let me know and I might get motivated

kiteny
Medium Poster

Postby kiteny » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:47 am

What a blast! Sorry about your first kite. I hope my skis didn't cause the pop.

My GPS said I did 58 miles and hit 46mph. There was some serious wind out there! Too bad you guys couldn't stay longer; I would have loved for you to try my Frenzy. One of the others who just showed up said he has exchanged messages with you and that he lives right near you. He had the yellow Frenzy.

We'll definitely have to get together again. Are you getting the ice board? I'd love to come down and check that out.

Seth

KiteVol
Frequent Poster

Postby KiteVol » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:54 pm

Kiteny,

I didn't know what happened...Did you ski accidentally hit the leading edge? The kite was sitting there and then poof...Not a big deal..Great time and I do plan on getting the ice-board...

I will let you know when I get it.....Maybe we can set something up soon to go again...I would love to try Frenzy...You guys seemed to be able to go way upwind..alot easier than us on inflatables..

KV

kiteny
Medium Poster

Postby kiteny » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:30 pm

As far as I can remember, my ski went under your kite, which means that the tip definitely contacted your leading edge. Not sure if that would cause a problem, but certainly possible.

When I first got out on the Frenzy, I was amazed at how far upwind it will pull. After yesterday, I'm also very impressed with the wind range. You said that the wind was 19mph when we got there, and it picked up quite a bit, so it had to have been doing 25+. I typically rode with 2-3 inches of depower, and the 7.3 was great.

Seth

KiteVol
Frequent Poster

Postby KiteVol » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:59 pm

Not a big deal on the kite...I need to see where it popped but probably sharp ski's would do it...As for the wind....yes it was up to 22mph around 2pm and I would bet you could add another 3-5mph for the extra 30m to the kite..

A great day!

KV

NJKiting
Rare Poster

Postby NJKiting » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:14 am

KiteVol,
I am the guy with the yellow Frenzy that Kiteny mentioned. You and I talkes on the pnone last winter but never got together. I think it was getting close to Spring. As a reminder, my name is Gerry and I live in Sparta. I guess I just missed you yesterday.

What a great day! Hopefully we'll get another one of those days real soon.

Return to “Snow / Land”