Forum for snow- and landkiters
KiteVol
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteVol » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:01 am

Gerry,

Great to hear from you...Yesterday was a great day and hopefully we can all get together real soon..

Take care
KV

NYC Kiter
Rare Poster

Wallenpaupac

Postby NYC Kiter » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:22 am

This Michael - I was out on a 7.3 blue frenzy with Gerry (yellow frenzy). What an incredible time. Everyone on the lake was very helpful when my kite twisted. I learned how to untwist the kite by doing loop'd'loops while steering down wind.

I live in the city and love to kite. My email is msloan@columbusnova.com

Are you guys around next weekend? How long did it take you to get there from NYC?

What a sport!!!!

kiteny
Medium Poster

Postby kiteny » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:27 am

Hi Michael & Gerry! It great kiting with you guys on Sunday.

I'm heading up to Vermont this weekend for the Kitefreeze event. It should be amazing! Wallenpaupack seems to be closest place around for really amazing kiting. When there's snow, Candlewood Lake in Connecticut is very large as well.

Would any of you be interested in planning a trip in late March/early April for a weekend of kiting either out West or up in Canada?

See you soon!

Seth

NJKiting
Rare Poster

Postby NJKiting » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:06 pm

Seth,
Great meeting you Sunday. Unfortunatley, I have to travel on Sunday and have house guests on Sat. this weekend so I can't make Kite Freeze. Let me know if you are going the following weekend.

See you soon,
Gerry

pjc
Frequent Poster

Postby pjc » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:24 pm

reviving an old thread....

i read this thread with interest since my brother and his wife recently bought a weekend place very near to wallenpaupack and he's out there every weekend. my bro's not a kiter yet but hes a pretty good skiier (or was 15 years ago when we grew up in VT). his wife is pushing him to get back into skiing and he asked me about snowkiting in NY area so i looked this thread up.

at any rate i'd love for my bro and his wife to become kite junkies. i already kitesurf (i live in oregon) and vacations together would be awesome if he kited.

if anyone of you guys could pm me or post here the next time you're kiting wallenpaupack I'd appreciate it. my guess is when my bro sees how cool kiteskiing is he'll totally bite. (plus you guys might appreciate a kiter with a crash pad near the pow-pow)

thanks for any help
pete

kiteny
Medium Poster

Postby kiteny » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:33 pm

Hi! Great to hear from you! We have a Yahoo Group for setting up outings in the region. To join, send an email to NESnowkite-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. Have your brother sign up, too!

It would be great to have a place to crash near the lake. Hopefully there will be wind next weekend. If so, a bunch of us will definitely be up there, and your brother and his wife are welcome to use my trainer kites. There are snowmobiles on the ice there, so it's quite safe for us.

Talk to you soon,

Seth

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:20 pm

hey seth, thanks for the info. hopefully you and ted can hook up sometime soon. he's already logged some time on a trainer....
thanks
pete

Return to “Snow / Land”