Forum for snow- and landkiters
stormboarding
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

VERMONT KITESTORM -- FEB 28-29

Postby stormboarding » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:53 pm

Riders who have been riding all alone on Lakes and ponds throughout NY and New England come together for the first ever and first annual VERMONT KITESTORM.

Demo the '04 Frenzy, play some games, win some prizes (longest trek...fastest run...), bring your kids, your spouse, your mom and get them flying trainer kites. Learn some new tricks and have a great time in a beautiful place near the young and fun city of Burlington.

First choice location: The Sandbar, South Hero

Brought to you by Stormboarding, Windzup, Clear Channel Radio and Straight Talk Vermont...more details on prize sponsors and accommodation deals to come.

check this forum or http://www.stormboarding.com for news or e-mail: rachael@stormboarding.com

Think snow and breeze...rzm

Windzup
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Skyline and Strawbs
Favorite Beaches: Any Mountain with snow and wind.
Style: funky
Gear: my favorite kite
Brand Affiliation: NONE, Be yourself and fly what you like... I do like Ozone People tho!

Postby Windzup » Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:49 am

Sweet, Snowkiting in Vermont! Can't wait to check out the East Coast scene.

SNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSN

kjelleren
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjelleren » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:26 pm

Excellent,
I live at the venue. The proposed location is excellent. Miles of ice. Thick enough for car races, last weekend. We just need some snow cover, and it will be primo.

Gary

Powerline Sports
Rare Poster

Postby Powerline Sports » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:30 pm

Should be making the trip up with a couple other guys from the area. Very glad as well to see something out there with a New England focus.

Any news on places to stay overnight? Also, if you need help with something email me and I'll see what I can do!

-Andrew

kjelleren
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjelleren » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:34 pm

Snow is coming this week. Should be a great base on the endless miles of ice. The ice is about 2 feet thick.

Will be playing at Sandbar this weekend, finally.

Gary

sandyisland
Medium Poster

Postby sandyisland » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:52 am

Looking forward to the event !.....hope you get the snow you need, we have been getting blasted with lake effect snow( up to 70in in some spots) along with tons of wind, Sat was lit up on the 12.0 tube on the SB in 2 ft of fresh powder on sandy pond(eastern shore of lake ontario NY).....a moon lit sesh after a few burgers at the local pub was a first in night flying...used some of the l.e.d. fishing bobbers(walmart $2.33) fixed to the LE for the I.F R. conditions. More snow and wind on the way along with full moon on the 6th. :lol:

http://www.northherohouse.com/ is a high end option for logding at the event in vermont.

stormboarding
Frequent Poster

Postby stormboarding » Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:20 am

That sounds awesome! We had some incredible night sessions at the PASA certification course in Montana - with glow sticks. Hoping for more of the same in VT now that we have positive numbers on the thermometer and snow in the forecast.

Plans for the Kitestorm are shaping up - I will keep all informed as we get closer. Thanks for all the offers to help and ideas - riders are emerging and we are psyched to get everyone together ripping it up and showing off this amazing sport!

Think breeze and snow...rzm

kjelleren
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kjelleren » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:13 pm

Excellent base went down last night. We picked up 6 inches of wet snow. Next dump is scheduled for Friday. West wind today. You could go about 100 miles before you would need to turn around and head back. Huge ice plate.
I am watching it from my office. Bummer.
Gary

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby fernmanus » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:08 am

Toby,

Tell Brian, Windzup thank you for not having the event in Salt Lake City. It has been windy all week here. If he had scheduled the event here in his home town, the wind would have shut down (no better way to get the wind to shut down than to schedule a big event and get people to fly in from all over the world).

Seriously, I hope you guys get some wind.

Kenny

paul m
Frequent Poster
Style: kook
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: cabrinha

Postby paul m » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:23 pm

Rachel, i am thinking about coming up for the event........love this snow stuff[even though snow should be warmer]

fly into where?

gotta suport the east coast!

let me know or call me!

Return to “Snow / Land”