Forum for snow- and landkiters
KiteVol
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

9.5m Ozone Frenzy - Bar Question?

Postby KiteVol » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:37 pm

Can I use any 4line bar w/ my frenzy? I really want to use my Gaastra spinning bar..Is that possible or will it just not fly? What disadvantages are there from moving from the Ozone bar to a Gaastra Spinning Bar?

Thanks
KV

Windzup
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Skyline and Strawbs
Favorite Beaches: Any Mountain with snow and wind.
Style: funky
Gear: my favorite kite
Brand Affiliation: NONE, Be yourself and fly what you like... I do like Ozone People tho!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Frenzy bar replacement

Postby Windzup » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:13 pm

While either brand kite can be used with either bar and fly well, there are a couple things you will want to look at.

The Frenzy control bar was designed with an integrated brake/safety line, allowing you to drop the kite instantly. If you change bars you will lose this added benefit that the Frenzy provides. The brake line you might have noticed aids in the reverse launching as well as the self launching of the Frenzy. While a standard kitesurf bar will fly fine with the kite, you will want to be sure to have a working safety system.

Are you flying an 03 or 04 Frenzy? The 04's offer a leash-less system, so that while riding and connected to the chicken-loop you have the freedom to spin the bar while still being able to pull a quick release and dump the kite safely.

Return to “Snow / Land”