Forum for snow- and landkiters
mat
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

meanding my mountain board

Postby mat » Fri May 21, 2004 3:06 pm

ok about 4 months ago i got my deck stolen of my mountain board, long story dnt worry youselfs over it, anyway, i still have all the "bits" trucks straps ect. i made a deck today out of ply, hovever when i went outside to try it, it diddnt really turn, it turned very very slowley if at all, the trucks are not the normal skateboard ones they have prings in them, i canot understand why it wont turn, could it be that the prings have lost some of there, excuses my poor english "springyness" if not what else could it be, and can i mend it with out byeing a new board. im a kitesurfer at heart but when its to light wind to get out it would be nice to mess around on it :thumb: cherzzz 4 any info

not annonymous
Very Frequent Poster

Postby not annonymous » Fri May 21, 2004 4:02 pm

Not sure but many mountian boards have sort of flip tips on the deck and the trucks are mounted on an angle - If you made a flat deck perhaps that is the problem?

mat
Frequent Poster

Postby mat » Fri May 21, 2004 6:09 pm

does any one else no if this could be it, i did think this at first but ignored it, it kinda makes sense, if its at an angle it might have more of an effect on the turing

mad_marc
Rare Poster

Postby mad_marc » Fri May 21, 2004 9:21 pm

Hi mat,

It was the first idea I had after reading your posting. I think 'not annonymous' is damn right!!

Try putting a wedge between board and trucks to veryfy our theory...

Marc

(http://www.windscooting.com)

flydad
Rare Poster

Postby flydad » Fri May 21, 2004 10:14 pm

Yes if your running on channel trucks, you'll notice any board with them on has the ends kicked up at about 45 degrees this gives the trucks the angle in which they can pivot instead of just absorbing the movement like straight suspension.

.:TheBeest:.
Frequent Poster

Postby .:TheBeest:. » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:31 pm

that would make a big difference, my board tips are angled at about 20 degrees. Make sure the deck is proper strong or it could get messy.

Return to “Snow / Land”