Forum for snow- and landkiters
rudeboysaude
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby rudeboysaude » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:16 pm

I agree with you Lone Wolf.

Flysurfer has done the most with closed cell foils, but I really don't think it's fair to say that people "copy" each other. If it was an exact copy of the kite, then yes. But they all have different improvements. Otherwise we could say all LEIs copy each other too. They look the same right? If we wanted to get real nit picky, we could say that everyone copied the Chinese in the first place and stole their invention of kites!

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~et3m-tkkw/history5.html

Building upon any current product is the way of the world and how technology can move forward. Competition among products only provides us kiters with cooler and better kites. I'm glad we have lots of choices.

A.

the_lone_wolf
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby the_lone_wolf » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:04 pm

rudeboysaude wrote:I agree with you Lone Wolf.

Flysurfer has done the most with closed cell foils, but I really don't think it's fair to say that people "copy" each other. If it was an exact copy of the kite, then yes.
true, i didn't mean to say brands are copying, except naish and north :lol: , i guess the point i was trying to make was that part of the reason FS seem so expensive is that R&D doesn't come cheap, if you are leading the development then you will always have to pay for it and there will always be a market for kites which have been developed the most at vast expense, IMO it pays off cause the development of foils over the past 12months has been amazing :bye:

just do it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Airush Varial-X, Airush Apex
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Postby just do it » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:19 pm

Well, as this post was about the Extacy I thought I let you guys know that the first batch(sold out already) will arrive this Friday.
The next batch will hopefully arrive next Wednesday or Thursday.
Armin just tried the latest 13m extacy Prototype and is really stoked. Much quicker turning and more power than the first 13m Protos. This should make it feel more like the 7m and 10m which are awesome.
Anybody who wants to have a go should come to our short notice demo-weekend on the 27th-29th November in Hunstanton(UK East coast)
Hope to see you there.

.:TheBeest:.
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby .:TheBeest:. » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:53 am

Sorry we went off topic a bit there
thanks for the invitation but i havnt got a car so i cant get to you. but i hope you guys have a good time and you get the kite you want
:thumb:

bushflyer
Rare Poster

Postby bushflyer » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:55 pm

i had a chance to give the extasy a good going over at the aformentioned demo. heres my thoughts on it.

http://www.kite-fantastic.co.uk/flysurf ... cy-review/

have a nice day :D

Return to “Snow / Land”