just do it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Airush Varial-X, Airush Apex
Brand Affiliation: Airush
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Psycho2 or Extacy

Postby just do it » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:19 pm

Psycho2 or Extacy ! ( I used them on the water)
This question was put to me so many times in the last three weeks that I thought I do my bit and tell you what I think after having used both.
First of all the Extacy was supposed to replace the Titan. After having put it through its paces we found that it is extremely user-friendly and works perfectly well in schools and for beginners.
This meant that it also now replaces the Voodoos and Spirits.
It will sell at the same price as the Voodoo. So some riders will be sad to see the Voodoos and Spirits go especially as the Spirit was and still is exceptional value for money.
The Extacys main aim was to give the rider the ability to do all the new school (or old school) tricks like Kiteloops and air handle passes. All of this was previously possible but the Extacy makes it a hell of a lot easier.
Compared to the Psycho2, the Extacy has a little bit less bottom end and around the same top end.
The float on jumps especially if you are a little underpowered will be better on the Psycho2.
The Extacy needs a faster board than the Psycho2 to really show its potential but this is in line with the faster, more aggressive new style.
Once properly powered up the Extacy will however give great pop and plenty of hangtime to do the old school board-offs.
The Extacy, due to its lower aspect ratio turns a little tighter than the Psycho2 and doesn’t stall on the last bit of the kiteloop.
The Extacy has almost zero backstall. This is great for beginners who cramp up on the bar and always oversheet when learning. This is also great for the experts as pulling in a bit of trimmer before unhooking is enough to keep the kite from backstalling.
It is also great when you want to redirect the kite in midair as you can pull the bar in a little to make it turn tighter.
The other good thing about the Extacy is the fact that it has no more pulleys. Now, I never had a problem with the Pulleys but not everybody looks after their gear like me and the lack of complex bridling can only be of advantage.
So who should buy what kite?
I think all beginners should certainly go for the Extacy.
All guys who want to ride unhooked and want to do lots of kiteloops should buy the Extacy.
For guys who want to cruise back and forth and want to do big floaty airs, buy the Psycho2.
For guys who like the more traditional foil-feel and like the ability to backstall the kite, to flip it around the wingtip and almost use it like a 4-line foil, buy the Psycho2.
For all guys who have no interest in riding unhooked or kitelooping all day long and are past beginner stage, buy the Psycho2.
The Psycho2 won’t be replaced for quite some time, so for those of you who think they are buying a product which will soon devalue because of a new one coming out, don’t worry.
The Psycho2 is the kite that holds its value better than any other kite on the market and is without a doubt a classic.

I hope this will help.

.:TheBeest:.
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby .:TheBeest:. » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:17 pm

Thats a hardcore essay that youve got there, but id agree with you from what you have put. But as I do not have ay experiance with either kite don't take my word for it.

rudeboysaude
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn

Postby rudeboysaude » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:30 pm

Don't worry Beest.. He doesn't have any experience with anything but flysurfer.

Frequent Poster

Postby .:TheBeest:. » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:31 pm

:lol:

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:55 pm

don't worry beest, rudeboysaude is a viokite rep so he's got an agenda to bash other brands :thumb:

-NOT "just do it"

rudeboysaude
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn

Postby rudeboysaude » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:50 pm

Hmm. I guess I wasn't aware that I "bashed" flysurfer. My apologies if I had. I think they make fine kites. I just don't like paying that much when I can get a similar kite for a third of the cost. I love other kites too and would never bash any kite. Beliving that a certain brand can make the best kite for everyone is pretty stupid though. Vios aren't for everyone. Neither are Flysurfers. The only fact you will ever see me preach about Vios on this forum are that they are much more affordable than any other kite. That's a fact. How a kite flies and performs is always a person's opinion and personal preference. That is also a fact.

Frequent Poster

Postby .:TheBeest:. » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:27 pm

The only fact you will ever see me preach about Vios on this forum are that they are much more affordable than any other kite. That's a fact.
there are many budget kites out there, look at HQ, Rhombus, Gin & PKD

How a kite flies and performs is always a person's opinion and personal preference.
true

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:57 pm

A flysurfer will always out perform a viokite no matter what you like or dislike about it the money does go some where you know !

Frequent Poster

Postby .:TheBeest:. » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:36 am

its heating up now

the_lone_wolf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby the_lone_wolf » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:01 pm

hehe, not quite an all out war yet :lol:

i'd say one thing, flysurfer were making good foils before many of these newer depowerable foil brands came along, they have been the market leaders for bridled foils for years, and to get there takes time and refinement of the design - there are three manufacturers who are pushing the limits, PL with the arc design, Ozone with the open cell design, and FS - it's a lot easier and cheaper to follow in their footsteps than be inovative yourself, look at the north husky and naish element for example

not quite sure what this was about:
He doesn't have any experience with anything but flysurfer
sven owns a shop that sells many different brands, he just chooses to use flysurfer and help other people with a decision by taking the time to post here :bye:

Return to “Snow / Land”