Forum for snow- and landkiters
D_Clark
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flexifoil Blade III 6.6m - Bar Setup

Postby D_Clark » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:21 pm

I got a couple of Blades last year for snowkiting. My 3m works fine on a the stock bar. The 6.6m is a total dog on the standard Flexifoil bar. It turns very slowly and requires a ton of effort on the bar.

I guess the solution is a longer bar. I guess I'll have to make one as not many are available large enough. Anyone have any suggestions for material?

Thanks for the help,

-DC

Spider Bar

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:48 pm

You might want to rig up a spider bar system which will improve turning speed. Check out http://www.paraflysurf/competition for the basic idea. I am about to rig my 10.5 blade up this way with the 70cm bar it comes with so I will find out soon if it works as advertised.

Chris

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:51 pm

A X-over kit is the only way to go with the blades!!!!!
turns twise as fast!!!!

NSKITER
Medium Poster

Blade 6.6 & bar

Postby NSKITER » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:38 pm

Another option is to rig it for de-power. Have a look at http://www.pegaskites.com for a look at a system that works well on this kite. Be aware that you require a different bar setup and stronger brake lines as well.
Look up a thread on this subject on Flexi's forum, it gives you a good idea of the improvement you can expect.
I have a Blade 111 8.5 which will be receiving this system soon.
enjoy.
NS

FDpod
Rare Poster

Postby FDpod » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:11 pm

Hey DC,

try the spider kit.
My 8.5 Blade turns a lot quicker and easier with this setup than with the standard bar.
Have a look at http://www.myerskitesurfing.com click on the "link"-link and scroll down the page.
Easy to do if you're a DIYer.
Or call Bill and have one shipped.

Or fly with handles. That's actually even better for control and turn speed. :D

Regards
Frank

D_Clark
Very Frequent Poster

Postby D_Clark » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:41 am

I have tried the spider bar setup and it does work. I also made up a larger bar. Its 85cm and it works very well on my 10.5 blade 3.

My major concern with the spider setup is that the safety doesn't work very well. It doesn't kill the kite nearly as well as the stock flexifoil bar.

I'm still working with the spider bar setup. I also have build a bar that copies the ozone Little Devil bar. It has an lite wieght adustment strap and allows for on the fly brake line adjustment. Its sort of like and upside down pulley bar. It works pretty well with the larger bar and has much better depower on the safety line.

- DC

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:56 pm

I have a detailed .pdf diagram for the spider setup if anyone is interested. You don't want to install the leach to the ring at the middle of the X...not enough effect. You need to connect the leach to the break lines farther up with a pully with about 28" of line between the breaks. You can then run it through the ring and the fairlead on the bar. This keeps the leach line out of your way. Works perfectly! Also, adjustment of the break tension is critical for the spider bar to work well. I had to launch and land 5 or 6 times and readjust until if found the sweet spot. A am using a Blade 10.5 with a 70cm bar and loving it. Email me if you want me to send the plans with dimensions. I don't know how to post .pdf files here.

Chris

screven
Very Frequent Poster

Postby screven » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:02 pm

Sorry I meant 32" between the breaks.

Chris

Return to “Snow / Land”