Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2011 North Fuse for snowkiting?

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2011 North Fuse for snowkiting?

Postby Billy B. » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:10 pm

I have been flying the 2011 North fuse on snow for about a week now, I have been blown away by how friendly and durable this kite is. It is of course way more stable then any foil kite, and with its burley leading edge and "Snake Skin" trailing edge any part of the kite that may be in contact with the snow is protected, It has a super simple Bar that is inspected and certified in some crazy french test, but as a high flyer, glider, big jump, guy I like knowing the bar is bomber. (it seems like bar and line failure is more common then kite failure). The last thing any snow kiter want to do is hit the ground hard, and so far the take off and landings have been super smooth.

The kite really loops nicely making power through the entire loop, some thing super important for climbing! But even nicer for landing out of big glides. It is very easy to loop from up high out of the glide in either direction, and it double loops very well with a nice soft "catch " after the second loop, Other kites some time drop you from the sky after loop two. I have even been hucking on the little 10m, This thing is crazy quick and changes direction nicely enough to s-loop out of stuff with a nice set down also.

These things have it all, Burley sections that come in contact with the snow during relaunch, Amazing North only D-2 technoforce fabric(way stronger than an other fabric currently out!). Nice one pump, Very tempature friendly valves that have not become brittle in very cold temps. and nice easy Bar, lines and bridles that are easy to handle with gloves on.

Come and say hi if you see me out at a contest or just out riding and check out this sweet ride.

It turns out North has been making a amazing snowkite for years, Ken Winner has done so much thinking about how to keep the kite going on water while still being durable on land, that the surprise is a amazing Land n snowkite. North has been making foil kites and supporting snowkiting for ever, Now Maybe its time some one supported them in the US. Check out the North gear online and in person and see whats up.

Just like your pushey friends some times say....."come on man just try it, you might like it"

Thats all I am saying also. :thumb:

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider

Re: 2011 North Fuse for snowkiting?

Postby waynepjh » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:47 pm

I flew the 13 or 12 not sure but it was a fun stable kite and very easy to spin under and unhook! I bet it would make a sweet snowkite! I really liked the bar to nice and clean! See ya soon billy!

Craz Z
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Craz Z » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:05 am

North makes some amazing kites that work in all conditions. Prices are little high, but for good reason they last and you always know what your buying as they don't do radical makeovers every year. :thumb:

I love the rhinos and vegas's hows the fuse compare? actually i think they dumped the rhino but it was always small tweaks between the two.

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.
Been thanked: 0

Postby Billy B. » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:23 pm

For sure the fuse is not the vegas, that thing is all c-kite and is a great one, super smooth, massive pop, crazy loops,nice stall time.

The Fuze is a super smooth blend of warm yummyness. I Am lucky enough to have flown a bunch of kites, and never find my self being picky about each one, I always try n let the kite decide how I proform, what tricks feel best etc....

The fuze is such a well rounded smooth kite that it makes my kiting easier, I just go and kite and then do what I want, and the kite has just proformed great all the time. I really feel like it makes it easy for me to just be me, I don't feel like I should be gliding cuz the kites a great wing, or I should be down in the flat working on unhooked stuff cuz thats all the kite does well, Or its a great traveling only kite and I will put up with the flaws cuz it covers ground well. Its just a great fun kite that has been doing what ever I want it to do. It may not be amazing at any one thing but is awsome at lots of stuff and thats what makes it a blend of warm yummyness.

Craz Z
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Craz Z » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Sweet Billy I'll have to try one out.

I think my favorite feature from north is rolling the kite to one side when packing up.
I know not the fuse but the vegas was one of the only kites I felt comfortable with going waaay past the wind limits you could really hunker down on these kites when the wind suddenly picks up and the 5th safety saved my butt on the water and the snow more then a few times still my favorite safety feature. :D

Return to “Snow / Land”